"Shamoners is still our second choice, right?"

Start from the beginning

Macy was rather shy on the outside. Pin pointed as the "quiet" girl in school and picked on quite a lot for not sticking up for herself when people tired to push her around - but Cassie put a stop to that. Macy was an amazing artist too, and if people at school seen her talk about MJ with the enthusiasm she did while she was around us, I have a feeling they wouldn't believe it's actually her. She told us she felt a connection to him because of his naturally shy nature and how she understood it. But she loved how it didn't stop him from taking his career further.

Bridgett was beautiful with her blue eyes and long blonde hair. The type of girl that only got prettier as she got older until she became gorgeous - and that was exactly what happened as we all grew up. She came from a rich family with a Father who was the CEO of a major corporation. She was the type of kid who you'd expect to turn her nose up at the thought of being a fan of a celebrity, and who would giggle at the "silliness" of it all. But in reality she was just as big a fan as anyone we'd ever met. She had told us though that she loved him so much because of how humble he was even with his mass millions.

Deidra was the backbone of our small group. Without her I don't know what we'd do, but not nearly enough things would have ran so smoothly without her precise planning and amazing leadership skills. Her love for MJ was one that was genuine. There was no big event that made her realize what a good person he was or anything of that sort. She loved him because she did, and that was just that. It was weaved into her DNA at birth and we believed that. It was a running joke that she never actually decided that she loved Michael, it just came as natural to her as breathing.

And then there was me. I wasn't quite sure how I fit into the scene. I wasn't grandfathered into the Moonwalker scene like Dee was and there wasn't really anything that made me relate to Michael in anyway. I just adored him. Everything that he did and said made me happy. He made me happy. I just knew that he was, and always would be, a big part of my life. I couldn't explain it.

"Okay, Moonwalkers -,"

Cassie giggles, "Whoever made that name up was a genius." She pauses for a beat. "Oh yeah, it was me!" She smirks.

"Shamoners is still our second choice, right?" Macy asks.

"Of course," Dee answers.

"Did we save enough money for the Michael magazine at the Save Lots store?"

"Wait, before we start, we need to say our Moonwalkers oath."

We had done this many times before so everyone knew the drill and spoke their lines loud and clear.

Sitting around in a circle we all raised our right hands.

"I am a Moonwalker.
I will always love Michael and I will never believe the rumors in the tabloids.
I'll never stop fighting for the truth and I will always try to make the world a better place.
I'll stick up for Moonwalkers alike because we're a family no matter what.
And family sticks together."

"Do you have the list, Macy?"

She reaches into her book bag and unfolds a crumpled piece of paper before hanging it by one of my many MJ posters on the wall.

On it is a list of things we all decided we want to accomplish in life.

Go to Neverland
Get his autograph
Go to his concert
⭐Meet Michael Jackson.

The last one had a gold star next to it. We only dreamed about meeting the man who changed all of our lives.

We were just like any other kids, but instead of obsessing over people our own age, we just so happened to have one man as the apple of our eye. And that just so happened the be the biggest celebrity on the planet.

It was so simple back then. Before life got in the way. When our school books where covered in cutout pictures of Michael, and we got in trouble for playing our music too loud in the library.

A time before dating and marriage and bank loans and houses got in the way. A time of pure innocence.

The days when a simple MJ song could fix the world and we could count on each other to always be there. When our future jobs included being Michael Jacksons security guard, private doctor, backup singers, and photographer, so we all would be together.

We promised that, just like MJ, we'd never grow up. And we never planned to. But sometimes life doesn't care about your plans.

Even though we grew up we were still the biggest Michael fans that you'd ever meet. We still held Moonwalker meetings but sometimes they were over shadowed by having to fill out college applications. We still sang and listened to his songs, but now we did it while we studied for final exams. I even remember wearing my MJ Thriller T-shirt on my first date because it made me less nervous. It just went to show that no matter what stages in life we were currently in, he would always be apart of it.

Once a Moonwalker always a Moonwalker.