Chapter 25

Flashbacks in Bold Italics

One Month Later

He thought of her everyday as he gained his strength back from his physical therapy. He pushed himself so much that he started working again at Flavor within the next two weeks in the hospital.

An hour a day for the past month had helped Blaine through the trying times he had to endure. Without his baby by his side, he became irritable and sexually frustrated. But that didn't stop him from what his goal was.

He said to himself that he wasn't going to start searching for her, but there was no way in hell that he wouldn't try early enough. Once he became one hundred percent again, he was getting his high tail on the fucking road and try out the five different Treatment centers that he had found close in New York. And if those five weren't it, then he'd keep trying.

Blaine missed his woman. The sooner she was back in his arms, the better he'd feel.

"Dude, snap the hell out of it," Luke said, waving his hand in Blaine's face as they sat in his office going through different accounts on each of the clubs branches. "You know I'm slow as shit when it comes to the numbers man. I tried to cover up for a while, but this shit's messing with my head."

"And reading documents on documents with all the law jargon is a walk in the park?" Blaine raised his eyebrows at him. "How the hell did you get through accounting and calculus in college?"

"Fuck if I knew, man. Law speaks to me," he exaggerated. "It's an art. Besides, I'm a persuasive person who knows his shit, except when it comes to this."

Blaine rolled his eyes, holding his hand out for Luke to give him the papers. Luke dropped them in his hands. Blaine quickly scanned them over, noticing that things were top notch in each club. People are coming in crazy in Los Angeles, he thought, looking over the numbers of guest every weekend. Not to mention special events. One thing he loved about being the boss of his own chain of companies is being behind the scenes of it. He put hard work into this, especially with the help of his friends along the way.

"It's all in the revenues and expenses."

Luke waved his hand, dismissing the topic. "So I've decided to move here."

Blaine looked up at him, intrigued. "Really?"

"Yeap. Been interviewing with some law firms for the past few weeks. I think I found one," Luke shrugged.

"You're moving because of Mariana, aren't you?"

"No." He brushed it off, but Blaine knew better. Who would've thought? His friend who wasn't seen without a girl on his arm had Mickey tightly wrapped around his arms, and it looked like he wasn't letting this one go this time.

"Don't hurt her," Blaine stated. "Not much of a warning, but only because she would probably kick your ass if you did."

"She probably would," Luke smirked. "That only makes the fantasy of angry sex even better."

"Shut up," Blaine chuckled, suddenly feeling a little jealous that everyone around him had someone to go to at night. Hell, even his brother is doing better than him. He sighed, thinking about Adrienne again. Her lips on his, her hugs, and everything else she gave to him. He craved for her to be in his arms again. To be wrapped in her sweetness. The loneliness got worse every day that passed. Physically, he felt great. Even better before he got shot. But mentally, he was dying inside without her.

"You okay, man?" Luke asked when the tension in the room grew.

"I miss her," he responded, throwing the papers down on his desk. "Miss her so fucking bad."