Alliance

Adrian

'Where the hell is he?!' Adrian thought as he waited in Cody's room. He was beginning to become impatient after waiting for hours. Who stays at the hospital for three hours?

Adrian was sitting up on Cody's bed, going through his phone. There were no responses to any of his thirty text messages. But he could see they were read. "You know you can't ignore me." he said as if he was talking to Cody himself. 'I saved his ass and he repays me by screaming at me.'

The look in Cody's eyes showed hostility and fear. He threatened Adrian with the knife that the kid was using. The knife was a plain kitchen utensil, not at all threatening. (In Adrian's case that is.) Then Cody picked up the bastard and took off. Sometimes, Adrian wonders if Cody is as insane as he is.

The door to Cody's room suddenly opened, and Adrian expects the foster mother or Cody to come in. But it was actually the lizard. It scuttled over to the bed and hopped on without a sound. With only a glance at Adrian, it curls in a ball and seems to have fallen asleep.

"Some iguana." Adrian mumbles as he starts tapping on his phone. Absentmindedly rubbing his ankles where the iguana whacked him.

He uses a few hack codes that he took from one of his kills and uses it to hack into Cody's phone. (Who would've known taking a hacker's own hacks would come in handy.)

It only took a few taps until he was logged in. Adrian hacks into Cody's front camera and waits for what he sees. The image started out blurry, it was moving. He couldn't catch Cody's face or anyone else's. 'What the hell?' Adrian thought. He tries to somehow clear the imaging but he had no clue how.

"Hurry up with him! We can't have anyone see us!" suddenly spoke a woman's voice. The phone was lifted to the person's face, and it was a young woman. She looked about Adrian's age with long brown hair. Her eyes were an irregular amber color and she was covered heavily with makeup. "This dumbass's phone is locked up tight. We might need one of Michael's tech guys at his company to unlock it." she said as she seemed to try and open Cody's phone.

'Michael . . . took . . . Cody . . .' Adrian thought slowly. He stared at the woman's face, memorizing her as his next target. 'That son of a bitch is gonna kill him!' Growling viscously, he types in a text, 'I see you, bitch.' He sends it, still watching the woman's face.

The woman's face became filled with confusion but also horror. She stared at the screen, obviously reading the text. "What the hell?" she whispered. Smirking, Adrian texts again, 'You harm him. You die. I'm coming after you.'

After sending that text, Adrian stood up and exits through the window. 'First, I need some reinforcements.'

______________________________

Michaela

The loud screams from the actress in the movie were so fake, but she couldn't get enough of it. It was amusing watching a defenseless girl scream. The actress ran through the house to escape the killer.

"Don't go in there! It's a trap!" Michaela screamed at the tv. She tosses some popcorn at it in the process. Once the small pieces hit the ground, her giant pit bull, Marcella ate them up.

"Good thing I didn't add butter," Michaela said with a mouthful as she watched her pet gobble the popcorn up. It was like watching a paper shredder in action. Except the bin is a stomach. And the food will make her gassy. (Never fun for her.)

"Good thing your parents aren't home." someone spoke up from behind her.

"AHHHHH!" Michaela screamed at the top of her lungs as she throws the giant bowl of popcorn into the air. She tosses herself off the couch and spun around ungracefully to see who snuck up on her. Her weapon . . . a remote.

Adrian stood there dressed all in black with his hoodie over his fiery red hair. He had his hands stuffed in his pockets and looked at ease. When he saw Michaela's weapon, he quirked an eyebrow. "So threatening," he taunted. "I wonder if I'll survive." he finished with a smirk.

"What are YOU doing here?!" Michaela demanded angrily but also frightened. Her hands started to shake as they held the remote. "Not here to kill you, that's for sure." Adrian guaranteed.

Marcella walked up to Adrian in curiousness. She didn't seem to sense any threat because she sat down and pawed his leg. "Traitor." Michaela growled. Adrian laughed and began to scratch Marcella's head. "Not my fault animals love me." Adrian bragged. "Now lets get down to business." he said suddenly.

"What business?" Michaela demanded.

"Cody was kidnapped just hours ago," Adrian responded in distaste. "Michael took him."

"What!" Michaela screamed. "How?" she screamed. "He was at the hospital when he was snatched. I hacked his phone and turned on the camera and saw the entire thing." Adrian explained. He takes out his phone and shows the video he recorded. "I recorded everything the kidnapper said as leverage for blackmail." he said with a creepy smile.

Slowly taking the phone from his hand, Michaela views the video. She watched as the woman talked to someone in the background. Michaela heard faint dragging and thought that it might be Cody. It was gut-wrenching to watch.

Suddenly, Michaela does a double-take when she recognizes the woman. "I've seen her," she whispered. "She was that reporter lady . . . when Takanawa . . ." Michaela wasn't able to finish because Adrian snatched the phone from her grasp. He stares at the woman's face before looking back at Michaela. "Are you sure?" he asked. "Positive." Michaela answered shakily.

A low growl rumbled in Adrian's chest. "Then she obviously isn't a real reporter. But maybe harder to kill if she knew how to take down Cody." he said. "Though she doesn't seem smart with technology. You should've seen her face when I texted her saying I saw her." he laughed.

'This guy is mental,' Michaela thought. "I'm not gonna ask how you hacked Cody's phone. But I will ask how the hell we are suppose to get Cody back from his crazy uncle!?" she yelled exasperatedly. "Simple, we go to his business building, sneak in, find Cody, and kill Michael." Adrian said as if it was some walk in the park. "Uh, I don't know where you are from. But this isn't some damn movie! This is real life!" Michaela yelled. "Quit your yelling! I know how to sneak into places undetected. We'll find Cody before anything happens to him." Adrian said surely.

"Then we better hurry. Who knows what's happening to Cody right now."