Rescue

Adrian

AN HOUR BEFORE

The wig was itchy as hell and the suit he wore was ridiculously tight. It felt like he was in some torture device. He shifted uncomfortably in the chair as he waited for Michaela.

Tapping his foot against the floor, he absentmindedly pets Marcella. He hated waiting. The more time he waited, the less time he risks losing Cody. How long do girls fucking get ready? Adrian thought annoyed. He rubs his jacket, feeling for his knife and gun for some assurance.

"How do I look?" Michaela asked as she enters the room.

Turning around from where he sat on the couch, he sees a different woman. Her hair was disguised with a blond wig. She dressed herself up in brown trousers and a white blouse with a light green cardigan. "Do I look like a boring business lady?" Michaela asked as she spun on her two-inch, green heels. "Wouldn't give you a second glance," Adrian commented.

Despite it barely being a compliment, Michaela laughed. "Gotta fit the profile to be able to sneak in, don't I?" she asked before collecting her purse. "Don't forget to keep this with you," Adrian said as he hands her a switchblade. "Incase you're found out."

The light mood she had disappeared. She takes the knife reluctantly and stuffs it in her bra. "If this wasn't a life or death situation, I'd find this kinda fun." she said to try and lighten the mood. "I'll be laughing when I kill the bastards who took Cody." Adrian said darkly.

Fear flashes in her eyes at his reply. "I-I'll go get the car ready. We can go over the plan on the way." Michaela said shakily as she takes her car-keys out of her purse. Then she scurries out of the house.

Adrian sighed as he slowly got off the couch. He rubs Marcella's head before he heads to the front door. There were so many disadvantages to this, he knew that. Allowing a girl who knows nothing of spying to help him. But he knows that she can help him as reinforcements. Extra muscle.

He passes a mirror that stood a few feet from the door. The sight of the black haired wig sent a chill down his spine. The color was the same as it was before. Adrian inherited his father's hair, the reason he permanently dyed his hair red. He wanted to forget his father for all he has done.

Now he's back to the same color, even if it was a wig. It sent a boiling rage up his stomach as he stared at his reflection. Letting out a growl, Adrian finally leaves the house.

Snow was actually falling. It was only flurrying and wasn't covering the ground just yet. Adrian stared up at the sky, allowing the small specks to fall on his face. 'Wonder how much blood will fall after tonight.' he thinks as he walks over to the car.

Adrian slips into the passenger seat and shuts the door. "Drive." he ordered. Michaela nods and backs out of the driveway. She turns left and drives down the street. "So how are we supposed to get Cody? He may not be at Michael's building." Michaela said. "He will." Adrian stated. He knows what people like Michael think. They would keep their captives in plain sight.

Michaela decided not to say anything as she got on to a busy street.

The silence between the two was becoming uncomfortable. Adrian was playing with his knife, staring at the clean blade. "When we get there. Be prepared for anything. There's a possibility that they know who you are so you can't let them realize it's you.

"Don't make direct contact if you encounter Michael or that woman. Keep a low profile, stay calm. When the time is right, I need you to make a distraction so I can scope out the place to find Cody. I'll have to remind you that this may get very bloody." Adrian explained.