The Ghost of You - Typical Weekdays

"I'm going over to Trent's again mom, he needs help with an English assignment again.." Gwen groaned, packing her bag.

"Don't be too late tonight. My boss is coming to dinner and I want you and your brother on your best behavior" her mother said sternly.

Gwen went wide eyed as all air escaped her lungs.

"That's tonight? But mom, I promised Duncan we'd go to the drive-ins..." Gwen shook her head "I've cancelled on Duncan too many times..".

Her mother pouted. "He was looking forward to meeting you sweetie.. But I mean, I guess.. You two can't be causing trouble though!".

Gwen smiled and hugged her mom. "Don't worry mom, I know I won't atleast". She waved goodbye and entered her slick black car, driving over to Trent's place.

-•-•-•-•-

"Hey! Look who it is! He's still alive!".

Duncan was greeted by laughs and crude commentary from his father as he walked inside his house. His dad had buddies from work over, and he assumed they'd all drank a fair amount of beer before he had arrived.

"Where's your girlfriend? Ditch you to cheat on that handsome musician again?" He snorted.

Duncan growled and flipped his father off before going upstairs into his bedroom. He and Gwen had plans to go sneak into the drive-in movie theatre with alcohol and all kinds of stuff you weren't supposed to bring. He was going to drive them their in his pickup truck so they could lay together in the back with blankets and pillows. He always loved cuddling with Gwen and having her small figure pressed against his.

If Gwen cancelled on him again, he knew he was going to lose it. She seemed to always have time to tutor Mr. Perfect, but not to hang out with her own boyfriend. Being with her is tough, but at least it was worth it when the time came.

Duncan plopped down on his bed and reached under his pillow, pulling out a small, black box. It was soft to the touch in his hands as he played with it, wondering when he was going to use it. He opened it up to reveal the most beautiful ring he had spotted in that jewelry shop. It seemed to be the only one that caught his eye.

It was a silver band with a diamond planted simply onto it. It was held in a black stand, with black dots going around the band. It was absolutely perfect.

He smiled at the thought of when the time came, and shut the box, putting it under his pillow again. Duncan had saved up a lot of money for it, but like he already knew, it was going to be worth it.

-•-•-•-•-

Gwen clenched her hand into a fist as she firmly knocked on the door of the one and only Trent Smith. Formerly known as her ex boyfriend, and currently known as the being she was paired with to tutor.

The subject of English came easy to Gwen. Maybe it was just poetry or how she loved writing in detail. The point was, she always did best in it, even in the events of no effort.

The white, wooden door swung open and there stood Trent. Gwen felt herself staring up at him because of his tall figure. His jet black hair was messy like he had just gotten out of bed and it looked like he was still in his pajamas. He smiled at Gwen and glanced his green eyes back into the kitchen where he was working.

Gwen walked in and took a seat at the kitchen table, scanning her eyes over all of the paper Trent had piled up.

"You have Miss. Fidanza, right? So your end of the year project is to create a poetry book? No problem.." Gwen said, looking at Trent's writing.

He sighed and shrugged. "Easy for you to say".

Gwen rolled her eyes. "Hey Mr. Hotshot, tonight's going to be a busy night.. so suck it up.. I'm not doing the whole project for you..".

Trent and Gwen took the next few hours writing poetry and putting it all together into a scrapbook.

"And there you have it!" Gwen exclaimed, holding up the masterpiece of a poetry book.

Trent smiled and shook his head. "Gwen, I can't thank you enough for helping me. Is there anyway I can repay you?".

Gwen rolled her eyes. "Nah it's fine..". She glanced up at the clock Trent had in his kitchen and she got up and out of her seat instantly. "Shit shit shit!" she cursed "I'm going to be late!". She ran out Trent's door and sped out of his driveway in her car without another word. Duncan was going to be pissed.

-•-•-•-•-