The Ghost of You - Blackholes

There wasn't much noise on either end of the phone after a groan had escaped Gwen's lips. She was too hurt to do anything, and she had eventually lost consciousness. Duncan on the other hand was wide eyed and stunned - countless possibilities of what he had just heard ran through his head.

"Gwen? Gwen!? Gwen, talk to me... please..." Duncan said frantically.

With no reply, he dropped the phone and ran out of his office, slipping into his car and driving on the road towards Trent's house. She was ok. She had to be ok.

He sped up and went as fast as his car would go, looking out for Gwen's car.

And there it was, dented like a ram had just taken a beating to it. Or worse.. A centaur.

In the dark of the night, Duncan didn't bother taking his keys out of the ignition, his headlights shining onto Gwen's car. Duncan sprinted towards it in tears as he peaked inside, seeing her pale body stuck to her car seat.

"I'm going to get you out of here, Gwen" Duncan said to himself, carefully crawling inside of the vehicle.

He unbuckled Gwen's seat belt and caught her as she landed in his arms. He dragged her body out of the car and took off his jacket, wrapping it around Gwen.

Sitting in the cold snow, he held her in his lap and cradled her gently, cooing her name softly as he dialed 911 on his cell phone.

She coughed... and her eyes opened.

Oh they were beautiful. Her brown chestnut eyes were like black holes that you always got lost in. They were Duncan's favorite thing about her, and how they always managed to put a smile on his face.

As he heard Gwen cough, he hugged her tightly, nuzzling his face into her hair. "Gwen... I thought I lost you.. Are you ok?" He asked, softly tucking her hair behind her ear.

She nodded slightly and replied, her voice rough and raspy. "Yeah..".

As she said that, her nose scrunched up.

Duncan felt a warm substance seep into his shirt. As he looked down, his lip quivered at the sight.

His shirt was soaked in blood. Not only his shirt, but his hands and the snow around him.

"Gwen.. You need to stay awake... ok, beautiful?" Duncan comforted, never letting her go. "You need to stay awake.. The ambulance will be here in no time.. You're ok.. Shh.. You're ok...".

"I-it's so.... Cold...." Gwen let out as her body started to shut down.

Duncan reached into his back pocket and pulled out a familiar black box, opening it up to reveal the ring he was going to propose to her with.

"G-Gwen will you..". Duncan spoke through hot tears and sobs as he tried to get his question out. "W-will you marry me?".

With no reply, he shook Gwen lightly, the sounds of sirens getting closer and closer.

"...G-Gwen?....Gwen....". He repeated her name over and over again, sobbing and crying as the ambulance finally showed up and took her away.

The paramedics looked at Duncan in fear and sorrow. He was in the snow, holding himself, as he screamed at the top of his lungs.

He was alone.