The Future Is Nothing To Be Afraid Of

Author's Note: Last chapter. Thanks for reading!

Getting back to Boston early the next morning, Killian and Emma parted ways with Liam, taking Emma's car back to her place. The traffic was light as they held hands, fingers entwined. Their minds were heavy as Emma tried not to think too much about the day ahead of her. The wedding was in the evening and even though she would have to meet with her sister extra early to get ready and get their hair done and pictures taken, she still had some time to rest until then.

"How much time do we have, love?"

"A few hours. What do you want to do?" she asked as she turned to look at him. "Of course after a much needed shower," she added.

Killian leaned in closer to her until his lips were grazing her ear and replied with a whisper. "Something crazy..."

Emma laughed weakly and after a shower and a change of clothes, they pulled in front of Granny's Diner. Emma sucked in a breath as they went inside. Sitting at one of the booths, she couldn't help but think of the last time she actually had breakfast. The day after her father had died, she and Killian had came their for breakfast but she didn't actually eat anything, so really the last time she had breakfast was with her father.

She had spent all this time avoiding it because she knew that it would remind her of him and would make her unbelievably sad, but now, she just thought of the good memories of him and it made her smile. She thought about how she had wanted to be police officer but then when he was shot, the doctor's couldn't save him. Her father was a heroe who had gotten medals for saving lives but no one was able to save his life. From then on she decided that she wanted to save heroes instead of just becoming one. And more specifically, she wanted to help save the younger generation so they would have a chance to grow up and become a heroes like her father.

When the waitress came by, Emma and Killian sat at the same side of the table and ordered more food than they could even eat. They shared plates of scrambled eggs, bacon, French toast, sausage and of course waffles with strawberry and whipped cream. They were both starving, not even being to able to remember the last time they ate. Emma practically inhaled her food as it hit her tongue.

"Now I know why you never wanted to eat breakfast with me," Killian teased with a smirk as he watched her.

"What?" she asked, her mouth full of food.

"Cause you eat like a baby dinosaur. You don't even chew."

Emma looked at him unashamed. "You think you can get used to it?"

Killian shrugged like he had to think about it. "Hmmm... I think so."

Emma swallowed her food and scooped some eggs on her fork. "I was hoping we could do this a lot more."

"Really?"

"Mmmhmm," she replied with a nod as she took another bite.

"You know, I was thinking, we're going to have to come up with some new rules," he suggested.

"What kind of rules?" she asked with a curious stare.

"I'd like to start calling you honey and babe."

Emma gave him a look of disapproval. "I don't know about babe."

"No?"

Emma shook her head.

"Snuggling?"

"Oh yeah. I think I'm going to stare deeply into your eyes," she said with a smirk as she leaned in closer to him and looked into his eyes.

"Wow, this is all moving so fast, love," he joked.

"Also, I'd like to leave the door open when I pee."