Feelings Are Overrated

Emma woke the next morning, the sunlight peering through the windows. With Killian's arm splayed over her stomach, she turned to her side and buried her face into the crook his neck to block out the light, wrapping her arms around him underneath the blanket for warmth. He let out a soft sigh as he gripped her tighter, his chest hair tickling her breasts. She grimaced at the thought of having to leave his side soon. She kissed his neck and tried to get a few more minutes of sleep, but the sound of him groaning as she did so, intrigued her. Her lips continued their way down his neck and he sighed pleasantly as his hand moved to her butt, pressing his erection into her. A moan escaped her lips as she felt desire pooling inside her.

"Killian..."

He responded by lifting her leg and pulling it around his hip as he nudged her entrance. The feeling of him made her clit throb, wetness soaking his tip.

"Bloody hell..." he groaned, his voice muffled against her skin. He grabbed her hip and gave a practiced thrust as he started to enter her tight walls. She moaned and met his hips with hers as she took his long length inside of her. "God, love... "

He lifted her leg for better access as he rocked into her. They found eachother's lips, their eyes still closed as their tongues made lazy circles around the other. His pace picked up as they became more awake, breathing heavily as she felt her orgasm building. They both came within minutes and she lowered her leg as he slipped out of her. He kissed her forehead as he held her close.

"You know... Morning sex is really the best way to wake up," she breathed, smiling like an idiot. But who was she kidding? Any sex with Killian was the best, period.

"It is, indeed," he smirked, his thumb grazing over the soft skin of her arm. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, I slept okay." That wasn't exactly the truth. She always slept like a baby when he spent the night with her. She slept like there wasn't anywhere else in the world she wanted to be. Being with him made her feel things she really didn't want to feel. She didn't want to feel like she was complete and whole when she was with him. She didn't want to feel butterflies in her stomach every time she looked at him. She didn't want her heart to race as she thought of what she really didn't want to tell him.

No, she could never tell him that, could she? If she told him all of the things she really felt for him, then maybe, just maybe she wouldn't feel all of this weight on her shoulders. Maybe, just maybe, she could be happy.

"Killian..."

"Hmmm?"

"I..."

"What is it, love?"

In that moment, she looked at him and saw a glimpse of hope in his eyes. And then her heart clenched and her throat closed up, becoming dry to the point where she could barely breath. What was she doing? She couldn't tell him. Her features relaxed as she swallowed her words.

"I just..." She gives him tentative smile as she caressed his cheek with her thumb. "Just kiss me."

She didn't have to tell him twice before his lips are on hers and their tongues meet as they wrapped their arms around each other. They just kissed like that for a while until she had to go to work. 

*****

Six years ago...

"Hey Robbie, we need two beers."

Emma and Killian sat at the bar counter of Locksley's British Pub on a Monday night after their first day of classes for the semester. They both had started graduate school and knew that their hangouts at Robin's new bar would be limited, but they wanted to make the most of it.