SEVENTEEN: Endurance

☀︎︎Kimmy's P.O.V☀︎︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

I groaned as I felt someone shaking me awake."Kimmy, wake up. Julie already left for breakfast and you need to start getting ready," Is the first thing I hear when I wake up the next morning.

I forced my eyes open and sat up, my entire body begging for more sleep but I pushed myself and climbed down frown Connie's bed. I quickly got ready for the day, making sure to have my hockey gear ready and organized before we left our room and made our way to the dinning hall.

I kept my gaze down towards the floor, not really in the mood to talking to anyone right now. My sister and I made our way to the steaming breakfast foods, I placed a couple of flapjacks and pieces of bacon on my plate with a side of syrup and butter. I also grabbed a cup of fruit and a carton of chocolate milk.

I took a seat in between Charlie and Connie, never bothering to take my eyesight away from my plate, even though I could feel his stare piercing into me. Today I was going to be strong, and that begins now. I didn't let it affect me too much, this wasn't going to hold me back from doing my best on the ice.

After breakfast, one by one we all rounded up in the entrance before heading outside, placing our bags and hockey gear in the boot of the vehicle . I awkwardly shared eye contact with the dirty blonde when I passed him but continued down the bus isle with Connie and Guy in front of me. Julie snickered from behind me noticing his nose was slightly swollen colored with a deep purple, along with a slight ring under his eye. He looked down to his lap, fiddling with his fingers while I elbowed Julie in the ribs to which she narrowed her blue eyes towards me, but kept whatever she wanted to say out loud only in her thoughts.

Us girls took our seats, Guy and Connie took the seats closest to the window while I sat in the one near the aisle. Julie, Charlie and Luis were right across from us. The two love birds next to me conversed with themselves leaving me to draw in my sketch book.

At first it was random shapes but I found my self sketching a familiar figure of a boy that I knew very well. But I was stuck pondering what might be wrong for him to snap so suddenly, so I couldn't help but begin to feel worried for him.

Connie shook me out of my concentration on the drawing, and pointed out towards the window. My breath hitched seeing the familiar group of blonde and tall teens, getting off of their own bus as we parked directly behind theirs. I let myself relax before turning to look at my sister, I could tell that she shared the same thoughts as I did.

We were swiftly lead into the locker room with no problems, I took a locker next to my sister and my friend. Once I was fully dressed in my gear, I waited on the bench before we appeared in front of the boys locker room, making sure that the coast was clear before we entered. I grabbed a seat next to Charlie, sending him a tight smile.