Chapter 7: Shopping

Scarlett's POV

When I wake up, surrounded by warmth and delicious smells, I don't want to open my eyes.

"Good morning, baby girl." Xavier's  husky tone greets me. I whisper a 'good morning' back but don't make any attempt to move from his arms.

"Mmmm....as much as I don't want to get up either, we have things planned for today." He coos at me and I blush at his deep voice. He sits up and stretches and flashes me a toothy grin before giving me the itinerary for the day.

"Shopping, of course, Hailey is going to have my head...." he rambles on. "You know what? I'm going to have her come over while I fix you breakfast." My stomach turns uncomfortably. Xander notices my unease and is quick to quiet it. "A small breakfast, I promise." I relent hesitantly.

I pad upstairs, and change into one of his shirts and boxers. His shirt is so large and keeps falling off my shoulder, but it smells heavenly. He boxers reach my knees, and I'm swamped in smells and cloth and it's wonderful. I brush my teeth before heading downstairs, towards the smell of pancakes and fruit. The oily smell makes my nose twitch and I gag. When Xavier turns around, and sees me in his shirt, his eyes darken and he groans.

"Baby, your so gorgeous." He says and I smile lightly. He walks over to me and after my consent, he holds me tightly to his chest, inhaling deeply. "God, your beautiful." Eventually, he lets go, and sits me down at the table.

He serves me a single pancake with berries. He takes three pancakes for himself and with a wink, told me to dig in. When I played with my food and didn't actually eat, remorse shone in his eyes. "Just three bites." He coaxed me. I wrinkled my nose but obliged. He kept encouraging me and I felt relieved when the doorbell rang. It was Hailey. She was so excited.
"Let's go to the mall!" She squealed. Dustin was with her, of course, looking unamused.

Xavier jumps in, "No, it's too crowded." I just watch the exchange as Hailey relents and pulls me upstairs to shop online.
First we look at pants. Hailey buys me a lot of leggings and jeans, even though I insist that no one even needs  that many pairs! Any ways, I like Xavier's clothes better.

Hailey continues on, making me pick out t-shirts and sweaters. I even get a dress! A red one, that flows out so prettily. When Hailey goes on Victoria's Secret website, I am at a loss. What's the difference between all these? Hailey picks up on my discomfort and orders me two of each bra and underwear's I liked. When we finished, I wanted to just relax so Hailey took me downstairs and I saw Xavier and Dustin discussing something so I was about to turn away when Xavier called me. I froze.

"Scarlett? Come here." He ordered and I blushed and complied. I couldn't look at him in he face and I didn't know why.
"Baby, you can be with me anytime you like. Dustin was just leaving anyway, weren't you Dustin?" Dustin hastily leaves with Hailey, leaving me and Xavier alone.

"Sorry." I whisper. He sighs, running a hand through his hair.

"Don't apologize. Now let's look at some stuff. You will tell me what you like and don't like, okay?" He asks and I nod.
He uses a computer and I look at different colors. I like blue, like the color of his eyes. I don't tell him that's why, but he smirks anyway.
---
"How bout this?" He points to a red flower. I wrinkle my nose. We've been at it for hours, him asking me whether I like something and then moving on.

"Mmmm..and this?" He points at a yellow flower. It's small and grows a lot. I grin.

"That one." I say. He laughs.

"Only you would like a dandelion!" He exclaims. I pout.
"What's wrong with a dandie-lions?" I ask. His eyes shine with mirth.

"It's a very common flower. Most girls like roses." He tells me and I just smile happily.

"So, Scarlett, I was wondering if you would want to meet some of the pack?"
I freeze up, before relaxing.

"How many?" I ask, not even hiding my apprehension.

"As many as your okay with." He replies and I look at his face. He looks so earnest that I just have to say yes.

"Okay." I say, and his face lights up and he kisses my cheek. I smile so hard it hurts.