goodвye

Chapter 27

I was kissing Jamie Woods.

I, Sasha Smith, was kissing Jamie Woods.

I, Sasha freaking Smith was kissing my enemy, friend and crush, Jamie Woods, outside my mother’s bedroom.

And boy, was it good.

His hand held me towards him, by the small of my back, while the other was laced in my hair. I, of course just stood there awkwardly, hands by my side, not having  a clue in the world what to do. Shock will do that to you.

To my dismay, Jamie soon pulled away. Not that I blamed him. Who would kiss such an awkward fail at life?

“Sash, I’m sorry, wait no, I don’t know, wait. Ah! Never mind.” With those few incoherent words uttered, Jamie sped off down the stairs. I remained in my position, eyes wide and mouth agape, and slowly brought my hands to my lips, to feel the tingling which was running through them.

What the hell just happened?

-----------------------------------------------------

I tossed so many times that night, not getting even a wink of sleep. There was only one thing on my mind and that was Jamie.

Why didn’t I just kiss him back? God knows I wanted too. I really wanted to. And it felt so right, so freaking right. I couldn’t help shake the feeling that he pulled away because he realized he didn’t actually want to kiss me.

Or, if that’s not true, then did he like me? That thought had my heart pumping fast and I couldn’t help but laugh at myself. One week, yes only a week ago, I hated this guys guts, and now I was fangirling over that fact that he may like me?

What had happened to me?!

Fed up with tossing in my bed, I sat up straight and crossed my legs. There were more important things to think about, such as leaving for America the next day.

I had packed up most of my stuff and was basically ready to go. As it happened, Chace was on the same flight with us and we were able to arrange to get three seats beside each other. I could only imagine how well that was going to go. I would obviously be sitting in between him and Jamie and would have to act as referee to their bickering. Yay!

Ever since I had talked to Elaine, it had seriously felt like a load had been lifted of my shoulders. Things weren’t perfect by no means, but this was a huge step for both of us. I was still coming to terms with the fact that I was going to have a new sibling, which meant that another trip to England was going to be in order. This time, I hoped that there would be a whole lot less of the drama.

The thing that was eating at me, was the fact that George was the father of the child. That could only bring a lot of problems. I had no idea how Elaine was going to handle the situation, but I knew she wouldn’t let any harm come to the child. She had made a mistake with the last, she wouldn’t this time.

My life was changing dramatically before my eyes, and it was amazing how different everything would be when I arrived home.

I had a brand new friend who lived in America, I was talking to my mother again,Jamie and I were- something. Plus, I would have a new baby brother or sister.

In one week, my life had changed, and I think I can say it was  for the better.

With that last happy thought in my head, I lay back down and tried to get some shut eye before the next day ahead of me.