take a break | four

The show finished, and we did a full cast bow; The night was fantastic, yet the parts when Lin and I kissed, it felt like no one else, but Lin and I were in the room. The entire cast went backstage, so I changed back into my regular clothes and re-doing my makeup. I stood up and walked out of the dressing room to grab a bite to eat with Jasmine and Anthony. "Jazzy?" I shouted. "Coming!" She yelled with Anthony and Lin trailing behind her. "I told Lin he could go with us," Jazzy smiled at me, that little devil...

 "Oh! That's great. Glad you could come, Lin." I said placing the best fake smile I could on my face, those acting lessons during school did come in handy. Jasmine grabbed her winter coat before heading out. "Let's go!" She yelled and headed out of the backstage exit with Anthony by her side. I advanced in front of Lin, but sadly he caught up with me and had the courage to wrap his arm around me since it was 'cold.'

 Me being the dumb girl with a crush on Lin I rested my head on his shoulder and knew a smile was plastered on his face. We finally made it to our destination which was just New York Pizza. We got sat at a booth in the back of the restaurant, and I ended up being placed next to Lin. After ordering our drinks and talking about daily life things Jasmine decides to make me choke on my coke (a/n don't even start anything I swear) "Well isn't this a great double date!" Jasmine smirked looking directly at me. "W-what?!" I whisper-shouted at her. "You heard me." She laughed, and the waiter came back with our pizza. Lin just wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him, and I knew I was redder than a tomato at that moment. (a/n boy ever heard of person space) "But we're not-" I was interrupted by Lin pecking my lips, "Yet," he said looking down at me, I probably seemed like an innocent puppy right then and didn't even know what was going on, because I didn't.

  I ate my pizza in silence as Lin, Anthony, and Jasmine began talking about random stuff and cracking jokes, I sometimes joined in but then went back to drinking my coke and eating my pizza. We finished our food and had to pay our bill. I took out my wallet to place down money since we're all splitting it, but Lin put down money for me. "Lin, are you sure?" I asked him confused. He nodded at me, smiling and the part that had the school girl crush for Lin, swooned.  

 We all got up and left back to the theater where the rest of the cast was for a dress rehearsal, the only part we needed to practice was Act Two; I got into my blue dress and waited through What'd I Miss and Cabinet Battle #1. 

The cue for 'Take a Break' began, and I got on stage with Anthony,

"Un Deux Trois Quatre

Cinq Six Sept Huit Neuf." I sang placing my hands on Anthony's back, and he repeated after me. 

"Good! Un deux trois quatre, Cinq six sept huit neuf"

"Sept huit neuf" We repeated.

"One two three four five six seven eight nine!" I sang with Anthony and then hugged him. The stage began spinning with my and Anthony's backs towards the audience. 

"My dearest, Angelica

"Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day."
I trust you'll understand the reference to
Another Scottish tragedy without my having to name the play
They think me Macbeth, and ambition is my folly
I'm a polymath, a pain in the ass, a massive pain
Madison is Banquo, Jefferson's Macduff
And Birnam Wood is Congress on its way to Dunsinane" Lin sang and then Renee followed afterward with him.

"And there you are, an ocean away

Do you have to live an ocean away?
Thoughts of you subside
Then I get another letter
I cannot put the notion away..."

I walk over to where Lin was and put my hands on his shoulders. 

"Take a break." I sang, and he didn't look at me. "I am on my way." I face him, "There's a little surprise supper, and it cannot wait!" "I'll be there in just a minute, save my plate" He kept writing. "Alexander" I exaggerated. "Okay, okay" He got out of his chair and followed me. 

"Your son is nine years old today

Has something he'd like to say
He's been practicing all day
Philip, take it away" I smiled at Anthony, and he began. 

"Daddy, daddy, look

My name is Philip
I am a poet
I wrote this poem just
To show it
And I just turned nine
You can write rhymes
But you can't write mine!" Anthony sang looking at Lin 'nervously.' 

"What!" Lin laughed. "I practice French and play piano with my mother." He spoke up more. "Uh-huh!" He chirped. "I have a little sister, but I want a baby brother!" He looked at Lin. Lin looks at me quickly than at Anthony. (a/n ;) aye) "Okay," he laughed.

"My daddy's trying to start America's bank

Un Deux Trois Quatre Cinq!" Anthony shouts, and Lin ran up to him, engulfing him in a hug "Bravo!" I ran up to Lin "Take a break," I sang looking him in the eyes.  "Hey our kid is pretty great" he laughed and hugged me then kissed my cheek. "Run away with us for the summer, let's go upstate!" "Eliza I have so much on my plate" He sang seriously. "We can all go stay with my father! There's a lake I know.." I begged him. "I know." "In a nearby park!" I mentioned. "I'd love to go." I look at him happily "You and I can go when the night gets dark!" I sang engulfing him in a hug. "I will try to get away."

"My dearest Alexander" Renee began

"You must get through to Jefferson
Sit down with him and compromise
Don't stop 'til you agree
Your favorite older sister
Angelica reminds you
There's someone in your corner all the way across the sea

In a letter, I received from you two weeks ago
I noticed a comma in the middle of a phrase
It changed the meaning. Did you intend this?
One stroke and you've consumed my waking days
It says:

My dearest angelica" they sing the last words together. 

"With a comma after "dearest." You've written" She sang.

My dearest angelica" they sing in sync again.

"Anyway, all this to say

I'm coming home this summer
At my sister's invitation
I'll be there with your fam'ly
If you make your way upstate
I know you're very busy
I know your work's important
But I'm crossing the ocean, and I just can't wait" Renee sang.

"You won't be an ocean away

You will only be a moment away..." Both of them sang.

"Alexander come downstairs, Angelica's arriving today!"

I spot Renee, and I scream "Angelica!"

"Eliza!" I run up to her and engulf her in a huge hug.

"The Schuyler sisters" Lin sang, and we faced him.

"Alexander" Renee exaggerated 

"Hi." He sang quietly. "It's good to see your face,"

time skip cause I do not feel like writing this whole thing

We eventually finished the entire rehearsal, so I got out of my dress and headed home.