Phony facades

Phony facades

I was really comfy Cuddled up in my bed. I was half asleep, and half awake. Who was I cuddling with? But my half asleep brain, just mumbled unintelligibly. I slowly opened my eyes to see Ryan staring up at the hand painted flowers and fairies on my ceiling. He glanced down at me and smiled. My heart melted. I was safe in his arms, but since I met him I felt that way.

“are you hungry” as if with that suggestion my stomach decided to take on the role of my mouth. I giggled “I don’t know what do you think?” he was still smiling but now It didn’t reach his eyes. I got up and started to walk out of my room. My feet stumbled. This wasn’t my house. I don’t know where I am. I turned back to Ryan with fear filled eyes, “where are we?” I asked meekly.

He shrugged his shoulders. As a wicked smile spread across his face. My mind was screaming to me “he’s not Ryan, he’s bad run! Run! Let go of his hand and run! But he wouldn’t let go he grabbed my wrist and pulled me in wrapping his free arm around my waist. I was terrified what’s going on??           

But I  was unconscious it was just a dream. I sent a soft but powerful message. ‘wakeup’ I breathed to the also unconscious mind of Ryan. “wake up” I yelled at him when he didn’t stir or show any signs of hearing me.

I waited nothing. When I pulled my thoughts from Ryan’s unconscious mind to what was happening right now, I realized that I was being locked in no escape.  I could move around the room but,  it was enough to make me feel out of control.

I couldn’t run if I tried. I was trapped, being held prisoner. I took a deep breath, I surveyed the room I was in. it was old, some what decaying and beautiful. It had a renaissance feel about it,  took me back to a dream I had once.

I was in a lavishly decorated ballroom. High domed ceiling and elegant ball gowns. It was a masquerade. I caught a glimpse of myself in a black and look red tight bodice dress. Unlike the other women’s dresses mine was not a princess skirt, but a up to the thigh silted straight skirt, more modern that the rest. It had a plunging back that stopped just above the small of my back and a neckline that was nude colored mesh turtleneck from shoulder up. A cool hand touched my bare back and a blood chilling familiar voice stirred my memory further.

“ you look stunning, do you care to dance” I pulled away, I knew before I saw how this would end, but the memory would not retreat to where it should I was in pain.

Actual physical pain. Not the kind that was in my mind I had experienced that before. This pain was entirely new to me. I drew my feet up to my chest. I couldn’t take sitting anymore, automatically I went for the door.

It was open, I was free. I knew Ryan was here, I just had to find him. After that I would be okay. He would figure out The ball room, this was where I was in that dream/memory. That was how I seemed to know how to navigate through this maze of twisting and turning passage ways, and hidden doors with secret libraries and hidden closets. I felt like belle in beauty and the beast I was wandering in a place I knew was forbidden. The burning in my chest increased as I touched the door.

I jumped back like a cat who been thrown in water. I checked my palm it was snowy white, And as cold as ice. I pushed the thought aside and sent a wave of thought out. Absently though about what would happen If I went in. but its hot one side argued. You could think about really cold things. That’s it imagine being covered in ice!

Almost instantly I was cool and went quickly through the door. Unconisecely touching the necklace and thanking Ryan for making me keep it on. But he said I could protect myself even in dreams, but I guess I did, much worse could have happened. The ball room seemed deserted but I decided to explore nonetheless. A pile of black fabric sat in the corner. I twitched and I thought of mice. I sent some of the cold that way. it relaxed and slumped down to the floor in release. Not a mouse I ran over. It was Ryan!

I collapsed onto my knees next to his unmoving form. He was constricted in a straight jacket with chains. it looked as if he couldn’t breath. I picked him up, he was much lighter than he looked. I walked out of that ballroom and turned back down the hall way. I couldn’t take him to my room that was too obvious. I pushed out a wave and found a little side room off of mine to put him. I needed to get these chains off so I could see if he was hurt. But how?