Orders restored

Orders restored

I pried my heavy eyelids open. I was drained and sore. I was lying with Ryan’s arms around me and Jess wrapped around my neck.  I pried her arms off and slipped easily out of Ryan’s grip. I carried her back to her room, And made my way among the sea of pillows to escape.

I made my way back to where Ryan was sitting watching me. Almost waiting for an explosion. I glanced down I was ethereal looking in my aqua dress torn and slit my hair flowing. I slid up to him he was cold as stone. The way he looked at me struck a cord.

“I can help you” I breathed. He looked me in the face. One eyebrow rose I leaned in and kissed him. His arms snaked around my waist and pulled me closer. my hands rested on his shoulders. I was on his lap. I laid my head on his shoulder. The proximity clenched my throat and stopped my breathing. I started to gasp. Something pressed to my mouth. My nose was filled with air but I was stuck. I swallowed but still couldn’t breathe. I felt my chest collapse on itself. Jeez I thought to myself why do I keep dying?

I lost sight but I could tell my eyes were open. I grabbed my throat and I could breath I touched my eyes and could see. Was this just my mind. I clutched my chest I would have to claw it out. 2 larger gentle hands were placed over mine. I was flooded with light. I was on fire. I thought cold but none of that helped. Something pressed my mouth. I swallowed gratefully. The light slowly receded.