Chapter 6: She's not drunk - Part 1

“Have you found her?” Antonio heard through the phone, it was Matt trying to help locate his goddaughter from the firehouse. Antonio had agreed to help his ex-soon to be brother-in-law when he’d stated the danger Abigail Darden could get herself into if she went to a party, he’d arrived 5 minutes ago and had already managed to clear half of the teens who congregated at the front of the house. The house was fairly large and judging by the people he had just thrown out it was some rich kid’s party. The music had been blaring and Antonio wondered how there hadn’t been any noise complaints yet.

Antonio had wondered straight to the back yard before going to check the inside of the house. He had found Abigail still dancing with a guy who seemed much older, they clearly hadn’t realised that the music stopped and people had quickly dispersed when they saw a cop turn up. Abigail caught sight of the furious Antonio and managed to grab onto a chair before he grew another head, confused to how she felt as if she’d been more drunk than ever but only having a shot with Brooke earlier.

“Get in the car NOW!” Doing as she was told she quickly got into Antonio’s car and drove towards the firehouse. Abigail could tell that she was in trouble for the simple fact that Antonio had been the one to collect her and also that he hadn’t spoke to her yet usually Antonio had been the cool uncle who’d play football or basketball with the twins and had even taught Abigail some basic self defence techniques which had been the result of Andy Darden unable to accept that his daughter was at the age where meeting a boy was the natural course of nature.

All Abigail could think about was what her Uncle Kelly and Uncle Matt would say. She had lied to her Uncle Kelly. She had acted in the most irresponsible way. She knew her punishment was undoubtedly going to be what she deserved but at the minute she didn’t want to think about that, all she wanted to do is lie down.

The journey took longer than Abigail hoped and the silence was painful, now feeling the effects of the alcohol she had just consumed she really wished Antonio would slow down. The nauseas feeling didn’t pass and began to build up which wasn’t what Abigail needed right now. Closing her eyes had also seemed like a good idea but she quickly regretted it. Despite only having one drink Abigail felt as if she had drank the whole crate.

“Come on you” Antonio seemed to have calmed down and his voice was soft by the time they had arrived at the firehouse which Abigail was glad about. The feeling of dizziness and nausea had yet to pass. Antonio had moved towards Abigail’s side to help her out of his car which was considerably high. Getting out of the car Abigail almost crumbled to the floor as another wave of dizziness hit, noticing this Antonio quickly grasped onto the teenagers elbows helping her into the firehouse. “You’re drunk” Antonio stated matter of factly.

“But-” It was Abigail who cut herself off, of course she was stupid to think that people would believe she’d only had one drink at the party and that was from the start of the evening.

Walking into the firehouse it was clear that the firefighters had all been concerned for Abigail. Connor Rhodes had also accompanied his younger brother back to the firehouse when he insisted on knowing whether his girlfriend had come home. Nathan had felt immensely guilty when Lucas had told him that she had lied and gone to a party especially when the two had intended to spend the evening together.

Shay’s natural mother instinct she had developed over the past month especially kicked in as she began to question Abigail’s actions. “Where the hell have you been?” Shay stood tall, her hair pushed back into a slick bun that made her eyes bright contrary to Abigail whose hair was falling out of the messy bun and her eyes darkened.

Abigail’s vision was hazy but she could make out the individuals to an extent. Herrmann, Otis, Cruz, Mills, Clarke, Dawson...Connor and Nathan...Lucas… Kelly and Matt - oh shit. Her two godfather's hadn't said a word and this was bad.