"I know, it's strange. This man just came in and and mentioned us by name and immedieditly requested papers to adopt us, like he already knew who we were."

"A man?"

"Yeah. Now come on, let's go."

Killian complied, not knowing what to think, but happy to be leaving. With his bag packed and ready to go, Killian and Liam went downstairs and said goodbye to their friends before they went out the door. As they walked down the steps, there was a man whom they've never seen before standing in front of his car with his arms crossed. He looked very serious and all business in a suit and tie. They approached wearily and the man managed a small smile.

"Hello, dearies. My name is Robert Gold."

The boys looked at him with a furrowed brow. "Do you know us?" Killian asked him.

The man's smile quickly faded as he sighed in irritation. "Just get in and I'll explain everything in the car."

"Not until you answer my brother's question," Liam demanded.

"Fine. Your father sent me. He paid me to adopt you and bring you to him and I never break a deal, so please get in the car so I can take you boys home."

"We're not going back to him. He's a drunk who abandoned us and left us to rot here!" Killian shouted. "Come on, Liam, let's go back inside. I'd rather stay here then go back to him."

Liam agreed and they turned around and started to head inside.

"He's changed," Gold called behind them. "He's sorry that he gave you up and he wants to make up for it."

The boys turned back around. "He doesn't give a crap about us," Killian said.

"If he didn't, then why would he go through all this trouble to hire someone and take you into his home after all these years? Look lads, I've known the man for a while now, and he feels miserable for giving you boys up. He's willing to do what it takes to get you back."

"And why should we believe you?" Killian asked him. "We don't even know you."

"Well I guess you'll just have to trust me."

Killian and Liam looked at each other, wondering whether they should or not.

"Maybe he's telling the truth, Killian. Maybe father's changed. Haven't you ever wondered if he ever thought about us... if he missed us?"

Killian nodded. "All the time."

"What do you say we give him a chance and if he lets us down, we'll leave and we'll go find you're friend, Emma. Don't you want to see her?"

"Of course I do."

"Come on, boys, we don't have much time. Let's go." Gold opened the door for them and they reluctantly got in the backseat. Once inside, Gold shut it and got in the driver's seat and drove off.

Half an hour later, Gold pulled into the airport. Killian and Liam looked at eachother, confused.

"Why are we here?" Liam asked Gold.

"It's simple, dearies. You're going home to your father. Don't you remember where you came from?"

"Yeah, but we left England after our mom passed," Liam told him. "Our father moved us to the States before he abandoned us."

"Yes, and then he went back to England," Gold added.

"Liam, we can't leave the country. I'll never get to see Emma."

"I know, but we'll come back," Liam assured him.

"You promise?"

"Yeah, I promise. You'll see her again, Killian. I'll make sure of it."