Don't Get Jealous

Start from the beginning

Emma nodded her head in response, but at the same time, looking unsure of her decision.

"Emma, please. Let's talk about this."

She turned back around, facing away from him. "Just go, please."

He sighed exasperatedly as he put his face in his hands. "Fine." He got off the bed and walked towards the door, but paused as he turned to look at her once again, hoping she would change her mind.

She stood up and came over to him, taking his hand. "This will be good for us, Killian."

He looked away from her, releasing her hand and reached for the doorknob. "Yeah, this is just great," he mumbled before he walked out the door, slamming it behind him.

When he left her apartment, he felt enraged that she would do this to him. Why the hell would he want to hook up with someone else? He loved her. He wanted to be with her. Maybe if he just told her that, then maybe... no, he was convinced at this point that it would just make things worse.

Killian walked into his place and threw his keys across the kitchen table, watching them slide across the surface before they fell to the floor. He laid down on the couch, staring at the ceiling, his heart aching in his chest.

*****

Six Months Ago...

Killian was in the produce section of the grocery store with Liam and Robin, scratching his ear as he tried to pick out snacks and beverages for that night. They were meeting with the some other guys for poker night at their place.

Liam was dating Elsa at the time, whom he had met through Emma. She went to school with her and Ruby and the three of them got an apartment together sophomore year. Emma and Killian met Robin when they turned twenty-one and started frequenting the bar that he had worked at. The six of them have been pretty much inseparable ever since and as much as the boys loved spending time with the girls, they needed a guys night.

"It's easy. Nachos and beer. Everyone loves nachos and beer," Robin said as he picked up some avocados for guacamole, putting them in the cart.

"I know, but I thought we could do something different too." Killian said as he looked at other produce, trying to get ideas. He went around to where the potatoes were and picked a few of them up and put them in a bag, thinking about using them for potato skins. He then looked up and started walking towards his friend and brother when he heard a familiar voice from behind him.

"Killian?"

He cringed as he turned around. Just when he thought that seeing her was bad enough, she was with another familiar face. His fingers clenched into fists as he tried to compose himself at what he saw. It was Gold. Not only was he Killian's former professor, but they had a history that went beyond that. At one point, he was more like a father figure to him. That all changed, though, when he found out that the reason why Milah had actually dumped him was so that she could be with Gold.

"Milah. Gold," he greeted with a condescending sneer to his voice.

"Hi, Killian. It's nice to see you again," Milah said.

"Sorry, but the feelings are definitely not mutual."

"Killian, please, we broke up over a year ago. Can't we get past this?"

"No, love, you broke up with me, remember? And for your information I am past it."

"Well that's good. Then you wouldn't mind us sharing the news," Gold told him.

"What news?"

Milah smiled and held out her hand, her ring finger holding a large rock.

"We're getting married."