Why?

These words hurt Mark. Hurt him in no way anyone has, not even his parents.

Jack, the shinning lightbulb out of the group of dim lights.

(Hehe caught you there, bet you didn't think I'd use those word did ya?)

"Y-you cut?" Mark asked suppressing tears.

Jack looked away, afraid that if he saw Marks face he'd break down and cry. Jack just nodded looking at the field and anything to dodge Marks face.

Mark hugged Jack, crying as he hugged him tightly. Jack started tearing up in the hug. This is the first in some time that someone showed affection for him. His parents somewhat got to busy for him so Jack wasn't showed much love.

Jack couldn't hold back, he started crying, and hugging back tighter than Mark.

"C-can ye come over?" Jack asked not wanting to go home alone right now, and just wanting to spend a little more time with Mark. Mark smiled than nodded as he hugged Jack one more time before letting him go and letting Jack lead the way to his house.

-Times skips to Jacks house-

It was only an hour after school got out and Jacks parents wouldn't be home till tomorrow afternoon so they had all day and night to do what they wanted.

What they pretty much did was eat, play games, talk, laugh, and enjoy each other's company.

A few hours pasted by and a question Marks been wanting to ask Jack has been burning in the back of his mind. After this morning Marks head has been filled with questions that he's been needing to ask Jack but never had the time. So he decided now would be a better time than any.

"Hey Jack?" Mark asked facing Jack and crossing his legs in front of him since he was sitting in Jacks bed.

Jack gave a simple hum in response to show he was listening.

"W-why do you hurt yourself?" Mark asked, his voice cracking from the nervousness built up behind this question.

"I don't really know myself... I just think I deserve it I guess..." Jack said playing with the string of his sweatshirt, and looking down not to make awkward eye contact with Mark.

Mark didn't like this answer.

Of course he knew it was the truth, but he didn't like it. He crawled over to the side of the bed Jack was sitting on and grabbed his cheeks softly but swiftly at the same time.

Mark then placed his lips on Jacks for a quick peck before removing them and sitting back down.

"Well you don't deserve them..." Mark said calmly like nothing ever happened.