13. Friends that try to kill me.

Start from the beginning

*~*~*~*~*

"Lilly!" Flora shrieked and threw herself at me. "I missed you!"

"Erm...I missed you too." I tapped my friend awkwardly on the back.

"I can't believe you turned up! It has been so long since we saw you."

Flora's eyes shone like a kid's on Christmas day. Meanwhile, Eve sat on the bench knitting a new scarf while Patsy advanced, tapping the end of her parasol on her hand. "Look at who decided to turn up after missing countless of events."

"Patsy." I acknowledged, smiling hesitantly.

She rolled her eyes. "Come here you wanker! Let me give you a hug!"

My eyes widened. The busty blonde was known for her bone snapping hugs. Even a strong feminist such as myself was no match for her iron grip. For someone who was also horizontally more generous, she was extraordinarily agile.

In addition, I suspected that she didn't exactly want a hug. A good beating sounded more like Patsy.

"Lilly, run!" Flora hissed, gesturing violently that I should get a move on.

And run I did. I darted past Patsy, her hand missing me by a hair's breath, and sprinted towards the pond.

"Come back here!" She waved her parasol.

"In your dreams!"

I changed course abruptly such that we ran in the opposite direction around the miniature pond. Birds squawked in alarm while peaceful patrons of the park stared astounded at two young women playing a game of 'catch'. It felt more like a life or death activity where death was the only option available.

"Patsy?" Flora asked timidly as the blonde charged past her.

Upon no response, Flora tried again, louder this time, "Patsy!"

"What?" She screamed back.

My poor friend, who looked like she had just been slapped, cowered away. "Don't you think you should stop chasing Lilly?"

"What for? She deserves a good whacking for continuously ditching us!"

"No I don't!" I informed mutinously.

"Yes you do, you slimy bugger! Get back here!"

"What an irresistible offer, Patsy. I don't see how I could reject you when you use such a charming tone."

Flora tried again. "You're wasting time! There's going to be a talk at twelve and we haven't even finished making our boards!"

Patsy didn't even spare a glance at her. "There will be time."

Feeling powerless, Flora turned to Eve for help. I pitied the poor girl, I really did. Eve didn't give two hoots about the scene before her. "Eve! Help me! Patsy refuses to see sense!"

"Mmhmm?" Click, click, click. Her knitting needles worked furiously.

"Eve!"

Clickety click, click.

"Help me!"

Click, click, click.

Meanwhile, I faced my own problems. Patsy's eyes glowed like bulbs ready to blow while she picked up speed. As for me, I was huffing and puffing.

That's exactly why you shouldn't have eaten so much solid chocolate.

I made a silent resolution to take more walks in the park and maybe eat only ten cubes of chocolate a day instead. I really needed to get on with healthy living.