Chapter 16

Disclaimer: HEY LOOK IT'S WHATEVER BOY BAND'S CURRENTLY POPULAR! *runs*
Sadly there's no songs but you do get to see the awards!

Thalia POV
-
"Welcome to this year's USA Music Awards!" Our old friend, Katie Gardener's voice came through the speakers.
At age 18, she'd gotten a part in a movie. A rather small part that only consisted of a few lines, but still a part. Apparently big enough of a part to get more in other movies.
"For our first set of awards, we're going to our Best Album section!" Katie gestured to a large screen behind her. "Our nominees are... Annabeth Chase, Hannah LaRose, Percy Jackson..."
Katie listed off a few more names, and with each one, the artist's picture appeared on the screen.
"And the winner of Best Album is... Annabeth Chase with her album Losing Him was Blue!"
Next to me, a huge smile stretched across Annabeth's face as she approached the stage. The songs on her album displayed on the screen in order.
I scanned the list. It read:
1. Headphones
2. Don't Forget
3. I Almost Do
4. Red
5. Airplanes
6. I Need Your Love
7. Back to December
8. Hurricane
Annabeth took the award from Katie, who smiled as she recognized her old friend. She returned to her seat, and Percy immediately kissed her cheek.
"Now on to our next award. Best Music Video!"
After listing the nominees once more, she announced the winners. "Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase with 'Airplanes'!"
A few more sets of awards passed, one of which was Best Actress. Katie had won, and she made a small skit in which she gave herself the award, which caused everyone to laugh. Others were Best Artist (Percy won) and Best Duet (Airplanes won).
The three awards left were Best Single, Best Overall Song, and Best Celebrity Couple.
"For these last three awards, I'd like the nominees to join me on stage," Katie declared.
Once she'd given that a bit of time to sink in, she continued, "The nominees for Best Single are Annabeth Chase, Percy Jackson, and Hannah LaRose!"
The names appeared on screen as the actual people came up the stairs. Hannah had her typical smirk, where Percy and Annabeth held hands and looked strong together.
"The winner for Best Single is.. Percy Jackson with Cooler Than Me!"
Percy stepped forward to accept his award, then returned to his spot happily.
"Now for Best Overall Song. I'd like you three to stay up here, since you're all nominated for this as well."
None of them moved as Katie announced a few more names. "And the winner of Best Overall Song is Annabeth Chase with Back to December!"
After accepting her award, Annabeth stepped backward to her former spot.
For Best Celebrity Couple, Hannah returned to her seat and a few couples joined Percabeth on stage.
"For our final award, Best Celebrity Couple, the winners are..." Katie paused for dramatic effect. "Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase, or more commonly referred to as Percabeth!"
I can tell you that, in that moment, I was most likely - scratch that, I WAS - the loudest person screaming in that whole arena at the time my two best friends accepted their award.
-
Annabeth POV
-
We returned home that night winners of multiple awards. And, the best part was, we'd kicked Hannah's sorry ass at every one of those awards.
I immediately shouted, "DIBS ON THE SHOWER!"
Before anyone could respond, I ran through my bedroom and into the bathroom.
After grabbing pajamas from my closet, I shut the door and stripped off my dress. I kicked my heels into my closet and turned on the shower. Brushing the tangles out of my hair, I watched as the mirror became foggy, and finally got into the actual shower.
About twenty minutes later, I returned to the living room/kitchen for dinner. I was dressed in the fluffiest pajama pants I owned and a gray sweater. My blow-dried hair was tied back into a simple ponytail, and all my makeup had been washed off.
I sat down at the kitchen counter. "Hey, Wise Girl," Percy greeted me, giving me a quick kiss.
"Hey, Seaweed Brain. I smell something good. Is Thalia cooking?"
Percy rolled his eyes. "No, for once I actually did the cooking."
"Ok, what did you make?"
"Takeout Chinese food!" Percy declared, sliding a plate of rice, dumplings, and sweet & sour pork in front of me.
I giggled at Percy's joke and began eating.
-
We stayed up for a while watching a Harry Potter marathon after dinner. Eventually, everyone began to scatter and leave for their bedrooms - all except Percy and I. Throughout the time we stayed down there, Percy held me close to him. I only moved occasionally to make more popcorn or get more water for one of us. Percy would always tell me he could get it, but I wouldn't let him. I'd return in a minute or two, depending on if I was making popcorn or just getting water.
It was these small moments that made me glad for having my Seaweed Brain. If I hadn't sung Back to December, if Thalia hadn't set up that duet, if Piper hadn't kicked Hannah out, none of this would have happened. I'd probably be laying in bed, possibly asleep, with tear-stained cheeks and pillows, thoughts of Percy running through my head.
It was these small moments that made me glad everything had turned out the way it had.
It was these small moments that made me fall even more in love with the only one for me, Percy Jackson.