Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I'm not Rick Riordan. Therefore, I don't own any of the characters except my OCs. (Sadly, I have to take credit for Hannah's existence.)

Songs this chapter: (just a few lines) Airplanes

-

Percy

-

The video ended, and Percy took a deep breath. He'd just completed watching the video of Annabeth's New York City performance, of her song Headphones. He wouldn't admit it to anybody, but he missed Annabeth like crazy. As much as he enjoyed the fame, the applause, and the fans, he missed being able to take only a short walk, nearly thirty feet, and be able to wrap Annabeth in his arms. He missed being able to see her beautiful stormy grey eyes, hear her sweet laugh, feel their lips pressed together.

But, knowing none of that would ever be possible again, Percy exited the YouTube app. He knew Annabeth would never feel the same way about him. Just the way she had been on stage, enjoying it so much, loving every second of it.

"Hey. What's up?" Jason asked, sitting beside Percy.

Percy sighed. "Just watching Annabeth's New York concert for about the hundredth time."

"You still like her?"

"No way!" Percy's voice raised to a higher note, indicating a lie.

"Dude, you can't lie. Just admit it."

"Fine, I do still like Annabeth. She'll never feel the same about me, though."

"Yeah, because you're engaged, idiot!"

"Right..."

Percy had been engaged to Hannah Matthews for nearly five months, and the news had been broadcast across the country. Hannah was beautiful, with her deep, chocolatey eyes, long lashes, light skin, and straight brown hair, but nothing like Annabeth. Hannah had always been nice to Percy, however, she was a bitch to the rest of the world, and even to Percy himself, who was clueless on the matter. She had cheated on her fiancé multiple times, without him knowing.

"So, what are you gonna do?"

"I don't know, this is so hard. I just want to see Annabeth one last time, maybe invite her to the wedding or something.." Percy's voice trailed off uncertainly.

"Well, you're in luck. Your next spot on tour is New York City!" Jason exclaimed.

"Oh, thank the gods Hannah doesn't take much of an interest to my career. If she did, I'd be screwed."

"Dude, you already are screwed."

"When am I not screwed?"

"True."

-

Thalia

-

"So, I get to perform a duet with someone?" Annabeth asked for clarification.

"Yep!" Thalia exclaimed.

"Awesome! Who am I performing with?" She asked eagerly.

"I'm not sure yet," Thalia lied.

"Aw!" Annabeth pouted.

"Fine! I know."

"Tell me!"

"Nope."

By this point, the two were arguing like kindergarteners.

"Why not?"

"It's a surprise!"

"Oh, come on, Thalia." Annabeth rolled her eyes. "I'm going to find out at the writing session!"