Chapter 4

Disclaimer: If I owned the series, Percabeth wouldn't have given a new meaning to "falling for you".
Wow, no songs this chapter! The sadness is overwhelming.
-
Annabeth POV
-
That night, when I returned to my hotel room, I couldn't help but smile like - well, Leo. The adrenaline rush from being on stage still hadn't worn off, plus the excitement from learning we perform together at Camp Half-Blood tomorrow!
Hannah. I've always hated that name. Not just because her and Percy are engaged, but because she bullied me in high school. I'd say "hi" to her and she'd go all psycho mode on me, calling me a bitch and telling me to leave her alone. Honestly, she isn't right for Percy.
I sat down on my bed and picked up my guitar. Strumming it aimlessly at first, I began to pick up a constant tune. Gradually speeding up, I added lyrics, and soon was madly scribbling in my songbook. Although my plan was to sing the same song as tonight at Camp Half-Blood, it doesn't hurt to have another song written.
The one main theme of my songs at the moment are romance and missing someone, probably because I missed Percy so much. Thank the gods we just happened to get this duet, although I have a feeling Thalia pulled a few strings to get it for me.
"Hey Annabeth," Thalia greeted me, walking into my room.
"What's up?" I asked.
"I just heard some music, and assumed it was yours."
"Yep. Just wrote a new song."
"Nice!" She high-fived me. "What is that, four so far for your new album? Headphones, Airplanes, Don't Forget, and this one."
I nodded. "I'm feeling really inspired lately."
"Is it because of a certain green-eyed singer?" Thalia winked at me.
"Oh my gods, Thalia." My entire face turned red with embarrassment. Don't ask why - I honestly don't know.
"Admit it!"
"Never!"
Nico walked in just then to see me leaning over my guitar and Thalia hitting me on the head with a pillow.
"What the hades is going on here?" He asked.
"Annabeth won't admit that she likes Percy!" Thalia complained.
"That's because I don't!" Once I said that, I admitted under my breath, "I love him." (Ah, word play. Carry on.)
"Okay." Thalia dropped the pillow and simply left. "Rest up, you're performing Camp Half-Blood tomorrow!"
With that, the two left the room. I smiled. They're so cute together! Nico's the reason Artemis had to find a new lieutenant, and for that the goddess still hates him slightly.
I gently slid my guitar and songbook off my bed and slipped under the covers. I fell asleep with the memory of Thalia telling me where I was performing tomorrow, and every moment of Camp fresh in my mind.
-
The sunlight poured through the blinds I had left open, flooding the small hotel room. I groaned as I got up, trudging over to my closet to choose an outfit. After pondering what to wear, I finally decided on a pink collared tank that closed with black buttons, black shorts that were slightly ripped and frayed at the edges, and pink converse with black laces. As I finished tying the shoes, I realized something. I perform Camp Half-Blood with Percy today!
Suddenly filled with a burst of happiness, I hurried to brush my hair and my teeth before joining Thalia and Nico for breakfast.
"Morning, guys!" I exclaimed, smiling as I walked through the kitchen.
"What's got you so happy?" Nico grumbled.
"She's singing at Camp today, with Percy." Thalia winked at her boyfriend, who quickly understood what she meant.
I rolled my eyes. "Come on, guys, you know he's engaged and clearly would never like me back."
"You sound like you're back in high school," Thalia noticed.
"Whatever. Can we just get back to the real point?"
"Right. We have two choices of breakfast."
"What are they?"
"Cereal with milk or dry cereal."
"What kind of cereal?"
"Honey Nut Cheerios."
"Or?"
"Honey Nut Cheerios."
"That's all?"
"Yep."
"Then I guess I'll have Honey Nut Cheerios," I laughed slightly.
After eating, we left for Camp. Nico drove the sleek black car, its appearance like that of a limo, but in the form of a normal car.
"Thanks for coming, guys," I thanked them. "It means so much!"
"We wouldn't miss it for the world," Thalia declared, clasping her hand around Nico's.
I ran off toward the stage, smiling as I remembered being here at camp for most of my life. The memories brought tears to my eyes, but I blinked them away as I slipped backstage.
The first thing I noticed caused my heart to split, straight down the middle, and shatter into millions of pieces. I tried not to let it show by pretending to look into my compact mirror while reapplying lipstick, although I already had enough on.
It hurts, you know. It hurts to pretend not to notice the person you love, one of your best friends, kissing his fiancé, your enemy. It hurts even more to know that he'll never love you back. It makes me want to throw myself back into Tartarus to know that she cheats on him every day, at nearly any opportunity.
"See you after the show, Hannah," Percy kissed her cheek.
"Bye Percy!" She exclaimed, blowing him a kiss. "Loser," Hannah muttered as she walked by me.
I wished I could have Leo's powers so I could burn a hole on her face, or, rather, her soul. Send her to the depths of Tartarus, for all I care.
"Hey, Wise Girl," Percy smiled at me.
"Hey, Seaweed Brain. You ready for this?"
"Completely."
We walked out onto the stage together, greeting the demigods.
After singing our previously planned songs, I left Camp as fast as I could. I couldn't handle knowing that Hannah was there, waiting for my Seaweed Brain.
I ran into the car and slammed the door. "Take me back to the hotel, Nico," I demanded, breaking up his make-out session with Thalia. "I can't take this anymore."