[열둘] We Will Rise

Start from the beginning

Rosita looked over at Glenn from across with a hardened expression. Glenn averted his eyes from hers, not brave enough to face her glare.

"That is still not enough to win a war. I don't know how much of a weaponry Hilltop has..." Rick trailed off, before Eugene raised his hand.

"I have an announcement to make. I was able to make a bullet," He stated. Rosita turned her glare from Glenn to Eugene, staring at him in awe.

"That's great news, Eugene. We're going to need more of those for this. You think you can make some more for these specific guns?" Rick asked, with a glimmer of hope.

"Of course," Eugene answered. "I apologize on changing the subject, but I noticed not everyone is here." People looked around, trying to figure out who was missing.

Gabriel, unable to keep his silence, voiced what had happened to Spencer. "Spencer left earlier."

"Are you serious?" Rosita was beyond irritated.

"I cannot stress this enough. No one is allowed to leave unless I say so!" Rick had had enough of people leaving Alexandria. "If you all leave, and something happens, we will not go out looking for you."

Glenn agreed with Rick on this wholeheartedly. The last time people had left unknowingly it had cost them gravely. He knew he had broken this rule, but he had never expected people to go looking for him. He did not want them to.

"Now, we have just received a valuable piece of information. Carl has found out where The Saviors' base is. We don't have an exact location, but it is not too far from here apparently," Rick continued.

"We'll need to scout it," Abraham voiced his thoughts. "That's what went wrong with the outpost. For all we know, there could be more outposts." Everyone remained quiet at this recognition, knowing Abraham brought up a good point. The satellite outpost had not been scouted, which proved to be a deadly mistake.

"Yeah, we will need to do that," Rick ran his hand over his five o' clock shadow. "I don't know how we would be able to scout it without being noticed though..."

"When Negan comes back here, someone should leave to scout it. It would be a lot safer," Abraham was already beginning to formulate a plan. "We need to plan several things before we march to war. We need bullets, more guns, a layout of the building and if there are other outposts, amount of Saviors, communication between Hilltop and The Kingdom, and how we will attack the base."

"The good thing is we have other weapons," Michonne gestured with her katana. "Once we know the layout of the building, we could take over their armory and claim our weapons back."

"For this, everyone will need to step up and do their part. No running away, no hesitance. We will see this through," Rick reminded the Alexandrians, seeing their worried faces.

"We should assign roles to all of these parts," Glenn said. "That will make it easier to know who should be leaving. Eugene is making bullets. I could scout the base," he volunteered. Seeing that no one was going to take upon this duty, Rick agreed to Glenn's request.

"You have always volunteered to do the most dangerous jobs, Glenn," Rick realized.

"Maggie called me walker bait for a reason," Glenn responded sadly.

"How will you get the layout?" Rosita questioned skeptically. Glenn had no reasonable answer for this.

"If I have to sneak in, I will," Glenn replied darkly. "I will do whatever I must if it means we will win."

"No," Rick cut in. "We can get the layout another way."

"How, Rick?" Glenn grilled him. "I would love to know what another way there is!" Rick looked surprised at his friend's outburst.