Chapter 6

All I could smell was him. My body craved his touch again. I sat on the bed as Wren slept and stared at the opening of the tent hoping he would come back.

Once we had come back from the forest I slipped inside the tent and dressed in a black tunic and trousers that tied at the middle of my shins, thankfully there were some female keepers who were about my size so they hugged my body more, showing off my curves.

"Clara?" Wrens little voice said behind me.

I turned back and saw her still snuggled in the blankets looking at me.

"Yes dear?" I said stroking her hair.

"I'm hungry." She said yawning and sitting up.

"Okay, we'll go get some food, but first we need to get you out of that dirty dress." I pulled her dress off over her head and used a cloth and some water to rub the dirt off her face and body. I grabbed one of the tunics the keepers gave me and put it on her. It was too big for her and hung very loosely so I ripped a thin piece of fabric off of her dress and tied it around the shirt at the waist. I was pretty impressed by the make shift dress I had made for Wren.

She took my hand as we walked out, Angel was grazing on a bush a few yards away glancing at us briefly before going back to his food.

As we walked to the main part of the camp we received some gasps and the keepers began bowing at us which made me a little bit uncomfortable. As I spotted Lady Adelia and we made eye contact she immediately dropped into a bow as well as everyone around us.

"Lady Adelia, what's going on?" I asked a little nervously, Wren was clutching my side and my arm was protectively around her.

"Clara, you've been chosen." Lady Adelia said touching the side of my face where my stitches were, realizing that they weren't there anymore. Touching my own face I felt a smooth scar and small raised lines circling around the scar.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Clara you're a guardian now, they chose you, you're the one from the prophecy. You're the one that can open the magic realm."

I sighed. "Everyone keeps saying that."

Baxter cleared his throat. "Lady Clara whatever you require we are at your service, we will protect you with our lives." All of the keepers bowed again. "Who is the child?"

"Her name is Wren, I saved her from a snake demon last night." I replied holding my head high.

Baxter looked a little bit uncomfortable when I said that. "A Shara demon. But we can't expose ourselves to humans." He took a step forward to take a look at her and I instinctively threw up a purple wall between us.

"She's a Magic, I've seen it. She ran away from her village because she was afraid they would find out. Her name is Wren and I am her guardian now." I held her tighter against my side. There were a lot of shocked looks around us. The wall disappeared and I walked Wren to one of the dining tables making us a plate of food. Everyone had gone back to what they were doing but couldn't help but stare.

I sat down with Wren as she hungrily ate the bread and cheese on her plate and felt something soft on the side of my neck.

"Merry Met Lady." August breathed against my neck sending shivers up my spine. My body reacted instantly and I leaned back into him. "And who might this be?" He asked kneeling on the ground to be eye level with Wren.

She looked at me then him. "I'm Wren and Clara is my guardian now!" She said excitedly. She noticed his hand on my leg and smiled wider. "Are you two married? Are you going to be my guardian too?"