T H I R T Y - N I N E

Can we just admire how happy our boys look (:(

//Allys POV 

"Kian hurry up,  it's almost 3!" I yelled, throwing on my Converse and struggling to get ny keys from my purse.

Kians huge elephant feet come stomping down the stairs, he had his toothbrush half hanging out of his mouth attempting to slurp back up the toothpaste escaping the sides.

"God Als, calm down. We won't be late."

I smiled at the nickname, "Okay, but hurry. Please?"

He teasingly saluted me before trotting upstairs to finish brushing his teeth.

Skylar came out of her room wearing a pair of shorts and a black fitted shirt, hugging her pregnant belly.

"Sky, you sure you're feeling good enough to come, it's a bit of a drive."

"I'm positive Ally, I want to come with you. You're my bestfriend and she's practically my mom too." She has a soft smile on her face and talked in such a motherly tone, that honestly freaked me out. But what should I expect, really? Her 'mother senses' are evolving as stupid as that sounds, it's true. 

"Thank you Sky it means al-"

"OKAY ALS I'M READY!" I was cut off by Kian's loud voice echoing off the empty walls. He had a giddy smile etched across his face, dressed in his flawless flannel and black jeans, with his signature rips in the knees.

"I see that Ki, now we have to get going, we don't want to get there too late." 

The three of us piled into Kians Jeep and drove off to the hospital. 

////

The hospital had that ordinary medical smell, ya know, the one that makes you nauseous and gives you a headache. Well, maybe its just me. 

We walked to the front desk, greeted by an older woman, checked in and searched for a seat in the packed, pale yellow waiting room. 

A wave of anxiety washed over me as I realized the situation I was in. My mother has stage four breast cancer, and here I was being a complete pussy over going to see "Ms.Sonney?" A short perky nurse with her boobs practically exploding from her shirt called, we were ushered to the back, and we followed her to my mothers room. 

"Will you be done by 5:30? Because that's my break and I'd rather not wait for you to be done with your visit." She hissed, placing a freshly manicured hand on her hip.

Kian snorted next to me, receiving a nudge to the ribs, "Well last time I checked this was a hospital and you are a nurse. It's your job to be at care for us. But we'll stay longer so you can clean the taste of dick out of your mouth when your, what was it? Is done."

"A break." The nurse growled. 

"Right, more like a blowjob timeout. But, we're gonna go now, have fun with whatever you have to do." Kian shot back, sarcasm dripping from his words, he turned curtly on his heel pulling us away from the woman. 

I looked back at the nurse, her mouth was hung down to the floor in pure astonishment. I felt bad for her, there was no reason for Kian to act that way, even if he was standing up for us. Of course he had to go fighting with someone and we haven't even been here 20 minutes. Yet it didn't- and shouldn't- surprise me. Once something ticks him off in the tinniest bit, he's going to say something. 

I tugged on his arm dragging him into the room and shot the nurse a sympathetic smile. 

"Really Kian?! There's no need to do that!" 

"Do what Al? Stand up for you? Well I'm sorry for helping!" He shouted, making my spine tingle and wince at his angry voice. 

For the most part I knew Kian wouldn't do anything stupid, well that's what I thought not exactly what I knew.

"I understand that Kian...but can we please not do this here? Can I just have a pleasant visit with my mother...who's dying?" I whispered, tears brimming  my waterline, I quickly wiped them away, not wanting them to see. 

he pulled me into a tight embrace, "I'm sorry. I'll try and keep my temper, now come on let's go have ourselves a visit. Shall we?" 

I smiled and grabbed his hand as he squeezed it with reassurance. 

We walked into the dimly lit room, the walls painted the same pale yellow as the waiting room. A white bed sat in the middle of the room next to the window and a painting of red poinsettias...her favorite flower.

My mother lay still wrapped in the blue and white patterned hospital blankets. I slowly walked to the side of the bed, taking a seat on the stiff seating chair. 

She had a maroon knitted hat on her head, a few bunches of brown hair cascaded down the sides of her face. From what I could tell those were the only pieces of hair still there besides the ones hidden under her hat. 

I slowly sat  down on the chair beside the bed while Kian and Sky took a seat on the sofa at the front of the room. I grabbed her soft hands, holding them in between both of mine, the coldness of hers caused goose bumps to form on my arms. I pressed her hand to the side of my face, "Oh mom, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry that I haven't been here." I whispered as tear after tear slipped down the side of my face. 

Kian came to my side and rubbed small circles on my back. My mom stirred in her sleep and slowly opened her eyes. I stood from the chair, taking a few steps back, I didn't want to overwhelm her. 

"Al? Come over here."

"Mom..." I shuffled closer to the bed and she grabbed both my hands. 

"You haven't been to visit."  Her scratchy voice filled the awkward silence in the room. 

"I-I know mom, I'm sorry, I know I should've been hereto help and I wasn't. It was a shitty move and I'm sorry. Pa wasn't here to help either, not that he would be much help to the situation." 

The door opened and in walked the doctor with an aid by his side. The aid came to the side of the bed to check blood pressure and to refill the intravenous bag hanging above her bed. 

The doctor came over to my side introducing himself, "Hello, I'm Dr. Harrison. You must be Ally, the daughter I'm guessing." He held out his hand, I gladly shook it, smiling.

"Ahh I see you're awake Mrs.Sonney. How are you feeling?" 

she sat up a little, reclining the bed with the remote. "I'm definitely feeling better than yesterday. I've had more pain in my head than normal, the medication didn't help much this morning." 

Pain in her head? Medication? Well I knew she was taking medications, but she was taking them for pain referring to the chemotherapy, not head pain? 

"Well with your condition that's understandable." 

"Wait, doctor, I'm sorry to interrupt, but what's going on? What head pain? What condition?"  I interrupted, my hands becoming clammy and my anxiety skyrocketing. 

"Well Ms.Sonney, your mother has a brain tumor that  might not be able to be treated."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I know I haven't been here recently and believe it or not, I've actually been writing this chapter for like a month...haha I'm lazy I know. I have no idea what to do for the next chapter, well I do I lied, but ya know. I'm writing several imagines right now so those will be up either this weekend or next week. I'm going to Disney next week and we're driving sooooooooooooooooooo I'll be on the bus for about 23 hours and I definitely plan on writing as much as I can, and eating, oh and watching the BEE MOVIE :') 

I LOVE YOU ALLLL