T H I R T Y - S I X

//Skylar's POV

Today I'm going to the third ultrasound. It's been 6 months now, I'm 6 months pregnant at 18 it's crazy honestly.

Of course Ricky's taking me, he seems like the only one who actually does anything for me. Yeah, yeah we got in that fight, but honestly I think it was good to just forgive him, it's not his battle. It's mine and Jc's and I don't want Ricky in the middle of it.

"Hey Sky you ready we have about 15 minutes." Ricky called from the kitchen his voice echoing throughout the house.

I smiled to myself and slipped on a blue shirt over my belly, "You'll be seeing the world soon baby." I whispered and rubbed my stomach in small circles.

"You're gonna be a great mom Skylar." I gasped seeing Ricky standing in my doorway.

I felt my cheeks flush as I pushed him out of the room, "Let's go Ricky." I laughed and we drove to the office.

/////

I laid on the uncomfortable examination table, once again, while the nurse prepped my stomach.

"So Ms.Ankens you're about 24 weeks correct?" The nurse, Clair-as her name tag stated, asked me.

I nodded in return, "Alrighty, before I start do you wish to know the gender? Or wait for it to be a surprise?"

"We're gonna keep it a surprise." Ricky answered from next to me.

I glarred at him before returning the smile the nurse was very promptly giving me.

She set the remote on my belly before moving it around like usual.

"Well the baby is healthy and there seems to be no problems, you should have a steady birthing but as we know things could pop up in 12 weeks but we'll see how that goes yeah? Well you can leave when you're ready." Clair smiled at us once more before exiting the room.

"What the hell Ricky?" I snapped as soon as the nurses footsteps faded down the hall, "Why do you constantly act like the father...I mean you could be...but w-we don't know that for sure yet."

He just shrugged and walked out of the room.

/////

One thing that really sucked about still living in the 'O2L house' is that I still share a room with Jc.

It's not like I've seen him in about a week anyway, but I honeslty just want to move out and back into my apartment. Of course Ally lived with me and she's making no sudden action to move so soon.

I laid in bed watching Netflix, with a migraine, being pregnant sucks, the nausea is really now starting.

Everyone comes in and checks on me every once in a while, which is a nice reminder that they care.

I was just about to drift off when I heard a soft nock on the door, I slightly moved my head to look up and see Jc.

"Hey...Sky." He said nervously like I was going to lunge at him and claw his eyes out any second now, although I wanted to, that would be quite inhumane.

I smiled lightly before motioning for him to come in, and patted the empty space beside me.

He hesitantly sat down and I saw his eyes start to well up with tears.

He grabbed my hands as a single tear slipped down his cheek, "Skylar I'm so fucking sorry, so fucking sorry. I don't know why I though doing this was such a good idea, I don't know why I made you go through all of this. As much as I could say it, it probably won't mean anything now, but I fucking love you and I'm sorry. I never should've done this, I never should've put you through this hell of worry and constant despair. I know there's no way to change and turn back time to what I've done, and I don't expect you to forgive me, but I truley love you Skylar and I'm sorry for what I've done." He squeezed me hands tighter and placed a chaste kiss on my forehead before leaving the room.

I just sat there in the same position he left me in and I felt a tear slip down my own cheek. I quickly wipped it away before laughing half-heartedly.

Was he serious? Did he really mean what he said? I don't know what to believe anymore, a huge part of me wants to forgive him but the other wants to push him into the dirt and make him feel bad for what he did to me and what he put me through. But the sincere tone in his voice, the tear sliding down his face had to mean something right? He wouldn't just say something like that and leave...right?

"Skylar," Ally suddenly burst in my room, "Your par- um your dad and stepmom are here."

She walked closer to me and gently sat on the bed, "Sky...are you okay? What happened?" She placed a hand at the small of my back and hugged me lightly, "I'm here for you."

I looked into her eyes, "Al...it was Jc...I think he really apologized to me. Ally I don't know what to do? What the hell do I do?!" I felt my head get heavy, and Ally grabbed my hands just as Jc did.

"Calm down! You're going to hurt yourself! Now why don't we just talk about this later, and go talk to your parents now." She smiled before standing up, leading the way to the living room where my parents were stationed.

Once their faces came into view a wave of guilt washed over me. Here I was standing infront of my father and stepmother, 6 months pregnant and they had no idea-until now.

I walked up to them, gave them each a hug before sitting down on the couch. They both followed and sat as well before staring at me skeptically, not one word left each of their lips, I was being silently judged, judged for a huge cause.

The room was silent and all you could hear was the faint sound of the shower running down the hall. My gaze flew around the room, trying my hardest not to look into my father's eyes.

He awkwardly coughed before staring me down with his luscious green eyes, "Skylar, I'm not mad, I'm just...disappointed."

Ooh there it was, just rip it off like like band-aid why don't ya dad. That is probably the worst thing a parent could ever say to their children. But, in this case I couldn't blame him honestly, I hid such a big thing from him, and I can understand how much that would hurt. 

I opened my mouth to speak before he continued "This isn't what your mother would've wanted."

My heart lurched at those words. How could he be so evil and cruel to say something like that? But quite honestly I shouldn't be mad, he's 100% right. This is nothing my mother would've wanted. Or maybe it was. Maybe she wanted me to have a kid and not have a job or steady life to take care of it and be miserable just so she could watch me suffer and laugh at her own mistake.

"Dad..." I began furrowing my eyebrows together "I understand I should've told you, I shouldn't of done this to myself or anyone else. I have this responsibility now, and I'm not sure I can do it dad. Please...I just don't know what to do." My eyes stared to burn as the tear fell down my cheeks, I know I disappointed him, I know I did, but I can't change that now.

I laced my fingers together and looked down at my stomach.

There was a brief moment of silence before I heard my stepmoms sweet voice, "We're here for you Skylar, don't think you have to do this alone sweetie."

I smiled at her as she stood up to pull me into a tight embrace, "Thanks Eleanor."

My father rubbed his face with his hands before releasing an annoyed sigh, "Just please call me if you need anything okay Sky?"

I nodded my head and stood up to give him a hug before guiding them to the door and watching them drive off.

I leant against the door and closed my eyes, just thinking about what I was going to do.

I'm going to give this baby the best life it could ever have.

----------
Hiiiiiii, I actually love this chapter, sadly tho this book is going to be coming to an end :( ik I'm but stay tuned yo the ending is gonna be lit XD

I love you my twinks
Xoxo