Thirty Three • Captive

Song: The Great Escape by BOYS LIKE GIRLS

Oh, and I'm taking requests for 10 Christmas oneshots so if you want one just pm me! Also I'm writing a TWD (walking dead)  fan fiction called 'The Road' it's a Carl Grimes x reader so if you want, check it out. Thanks.

You watched as Newt rushed off with Tina in his arms.

Calling out to you, Newt's voice rung out in the tin building. "Be careful! I'm coming back for you!"

You dreaded what was to come. A whole building full of creatures you couldn't help, Newt gone and Time with him. One heck, of a long day.

Drawing out your wand, a blue steam of magic shot out at you from one of the hooded figures.

You instantly felt more exhausted than you had ever in your life. Not long after your vision faded to an unfamiliar darkness. You had no way to defect the non verbal spell at this range.

The dark wearhouse hovered overhead ominously. Your head hurt as you sat up. Many if the crates and boxes had been moved. It was also now pitch black inside. Noticing with a shock that you were chained by your wrist to one of the larger cast iron cages.

Surrounded by a maze of cages you watched as a heavy set footsteps approached you and a bearded man in furs moved out from behind one if the many corners that surrounded you.

"Marty what are you doing here?" You whispered.

"I'm a trainer here." The massive man said with an ashamed sigh.

"That's insane. Almost as insane as this while two weeks." You spat.

"I can't talk for long but you know that kid? Percy Kingston. His brother's a squib. You're not hearing this from me but, I've heard through the grape vine that he's an Obscurus." Marty said with a shrug.

"Why would you tell me?" You asked quietly.

"Newt Scamander has dealt with a few of them. Set him on the trail. There are too many people who would want to use him. Including the Scholar's Heart folks." Marty said.

"Marty what does this all mean? Why now? After all this time? Why are you working for them?" You asked.

"Time is running out. You're a smart one, you know what you need to do. I have to go now. If they see me talking to you they might just get the notion to Crusio us both." Marty said, as he began to walk off.

"Marty! How do I get out of here?" You called after the man.

"There's a dragon just over there. You still have your wand, and your bravery. Go and be as Gryffindor as you can." Marty said with a hearty laugh.

"Gryffindor's are confident or courageous. They're not stupid." You spat in their defense.

"Trust me. I was one. I'm none of those things. No witch, or wizard is conformed to their house. Their house conforms to them. You aren't all Ravenclaw. You have plenty of the other houses in you too. Otherwise you wouldn't be here talking to me." Marty said with a smile.

The chain around your wrist rattled as you tried to break free. Struggling to get away, you rolled around on the floor. While doing so you saw a scorch mark on the cement floor. Within the center of the scorch mark was a wand with a red stone mounted on it's end.

"My wand?" You whispered.

Reaching forward to grasp the strong piece of stained, magic infused wood, it shook.

Your wand knew it's owner. It was nearly as loyal as you were. It knew who it liked, and did nothing for those who it didn't.

A shrieking could be heard along with the sound of beating wings from above you. Flying overhead was a phoenix.

"Artemis?" You questioned as it dropped from the air.

Tied around the bird's leg was a piece of folded parchment.

Taking the note in your hands along with your wand you reached forward to touch the majestic avian creature.

With a noble nod, and without you even laying a finger on him, the phoenix took off and flew around the facility once again.

The note read:

Dearest,

I'll be there soon. In the mean time please find my creatures.

Love, Newt.

You read over the note a few times and a silent rage rose up your back. You didn't need his help. It would have been nice if he hadn't left you for dead in a warehouse full of cages, but what were you to do. He had to go help Tina. You were learning to despise her slightly. She had no right to do what she did.

Had she no thought as to her not being involved in this? You would have to teach her a lesson the next time you saw her. Newt was your's. You now had the proof, and she wasn't going to ruin your chance at happiness. She could have Lake for all you cared. Just not Newt. Newt wasn't for sale.

Please remember to vote on this chapter if you liked it. Comment your thoughts so far! Thank you all for over 80k views!