Chapter 8

Few days passed since that night and you still ignoring his calls. He called you everyday, in the morning and mostly at night or midnight. It's not that you're mad, but you think both of you need time, to think.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Rise, the meeting will start on 2PM, are we going to eat lunch first outside or should I order place to eat in the meeting place first?" Mark was in your room, checking your schedule while you were zoomed out in your own fantasies.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Rise?" he asked one more time, this time shake your shoulder a bit.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I'm sorry, what did you asked?" you look up at him, showing your apologize face.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I asked, do you prefer to eat outside first before we go to the meeting place, or you prefer to eat earlier in the meeting place?" He repeat it softly.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You decide, Mark. I'm okay with anything." you answer shortly and shift your attention to the big windows in your room, it's raining in drizzle again.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Rise, are you okay? You always zoomed out lately. Anything disturb your mind?" He asked, full of concern when you turn to met his worried face.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"There's nothing. I'm Rise, what can disturb my mind?" you chuckles, but your inner was yelling about you being liar out loud. "Come on, let's go eat! I'm hungry!" you stood up abruptly and rush out of room, leaving Mark dumbfounded.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I thought she said I decide?" He mumbles before rushing out, following you.

⠀---

⠀⠀
Meanwhile, Namjoon on the other side was stressing himself. You haven't answer his calls since that night and he can't take a leave to meet you. So he drown himself in his Mon Studio.

He tried to makes new songs non-stop. He keep himself busy so he won't think of you but at the end of the day his walls broke down and will try to hit a call.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Hyung, you called her again?" Jungkook, his roommate asked him but he didn't burden, so the younger increasing his voice. "You look uglier these days."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yah!" Namjoon shouted which makes the younger chuckles.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You ignored me, so I need something to catch your attention. Why are you so down lately? Is it because of her?" He asked seriously as Namjoon put away his phone.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"She never answer my calls since that night. If I know everything will become like this, I won't leave at the first place."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"But you said her phone was broken, right? How could you called her?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"She must be bought a new one. It's not a big problem for her. I knew because my calls was connected, it's just she never pick up."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Ah, right." Jungkook nod. "Try make a visit. She might be able to ignore your calls, but she can't push you away if you come to her right?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"We're busy lately, you know that well and the only free time we got is near midnight, I can't visit her that late."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Hyung, you're her boyfriend. What's so wrong to visit her in midnight? Do you forget about me and Hana's existence? Like, oh well we always hang out in midnight until dawn and so on. So what?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You're right, I think I should-"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Oh My God! Talk about Hana! I forgot I promised to go to her place tonight! Aish, see you tomorrow, hyung!" Jungkook cut Namjoon off as soon as he remember about his promise with Hana.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Tch~! Young couple." Namjoon shake his head as a little smile appear on his lips. "Tomorrow, I'll try one more time tomorrow, if you still ignore my calls, then I'll come to you. No matter what." He thought as he staring at his phone wallpapers which is you and him wearing his favorite Ryan's pjs.

Next day;
⠀⠀

Namjoon was just finished his morning work out when his manager called him.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Get ready, Namjoon-ah. You will be accompany me to an important meeting."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Me? Why should I?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I don't know. Bang PD told me to get you going with me. He said, you will like it."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"N-ne?? Okay then. I will get ready."

He was confused, but since he doesn't have any idea, so he just do what he had to do.

Namjoon and his manager arrived in the meeting avenue earlier, there's still no sign of anyone.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Actually who are we going to meet, hyung? Is it an international idol? Are we going to do a collab or something?" He become excited as he realize that the meeting place is a famous western restaurant and they even book the VIP room.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You will see later, it's something that you like! Let's just wait until they arrive." His manager replied and Namjoon groans, can't wait as his mind mentioning his favorite musician one by one, guessing which one probably will come at the moment.

Not long after that, the door of the VIP room open and Namjoon's eyes immediately shift to that way. His eyes widened in surprised as his mouth fall in agape, he can't believe what he's seeing right now.

You, in the other hand was surprised as well, finding your boyfriend that you've been ignored for days now sitting there waiting for you for some works cooperation.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Ah, Miss Ryu. It's nice to see you." His manager stood up, welcoming you as you both shake hands.

Not wanting to make any suspicious scene, you try to be normal as possible although you notice Namjoon was still shock.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Mark, you didn't told me that the idol group that gonna be our model for next year is BTS?" you whisper to Mark and throw death-glares at him.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I did. It's just you who didn't listen to me." Mark replied, keeping his smiling face to Namjoon and his manager.

And of course, the scene of you whispering to Mark irritated Namjoon a lot, but he decided to control his emotion first.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"So, this is BTS's leader and he's a big fans of Converse High, and I'm sure the rest of boys will be so happy and excited as well!" His manager started and Namjoon bow a bit at both of you, awkwardly.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Wow, it's such a honor. I'm glad to know that." you steal a glance at Namjoon before run back to his manager. "And Of course! BTS's popularity are rising up lately! I'm so happy that you accepted our offer as well." you added and give sign to Mark as he took out the contract.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Since both side are agreed to this, how about you take a look at the contract and also the terms and conditions? Just take your time and if you're agreed about those, you may sign it as well." you said as Mark show the contract to both of them.

Instead of reading the contract, he was busily reading your face.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"How could she appear in front of me after ignoring me for few days and talking perfectly like nothing happened between us?" He question himself in his mind as he staring at you.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Namjoon-ssi, is there anything on my face?" you chuckles and he was startled at your sudden question to him.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I'm sorry, but can I talk to you privately? Just both of us?" He asked back and now it's your turn to surprised.

Both of Mark and his manager exchanging glances, confused. While Namjoon was smiling in a weird way, or should you said smirking?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Sure." you answered without any doubt and turn to Mark, give him a nod.

Once they left the room, Namjoon was still death-staring you while you just try to fake a smile at him.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"So, what you want to talk about?" you asked, break the ice.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Why you ignoring my calls? Are you still mad at me? How come you looks fine just now? Don't you feel sorry to me?" He throw questions at you and somehow you regret that you ignored his calls.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Namjoon, can we talk about this later? We're in the middle of meeting, if you forgot? I think it's not a perfect time to talk about this."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I'll stop it now, but promised me don't ignore my calls anymore, and let me come over tonight?" He didn't smile and his hand move smoothly to grab yours on the table.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀".. Sigh, fine. Now, can we continue?" you replied and you can see how drastic his face changed. He looks more alive, and it kinda makes you feel touched.

After both of his manager and Mark come back to the room, his manager sign the contract and 4 of you shake hands before leaving the restaurant.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"So, let's see each other in next week photoshoot then?" You said when both of you about to going to separate way.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Sure, schedule will be settle later. We'll take our leave now." His manager replied and you bow at him and when Namjoon walk passed you, he wave shyly before trailing behind his manager who looks smaller than him. Not trying to be mean, but their height gap was kinda cute to you.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Rise, what's so funny?" Mark asked, looking strangely at you.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Nothing, let's go!"

⠀⠀
⠀---

Night came faster and before you realize, Namjoon already arrived right when you about to grab apples in the kitchen.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You came." you muttered as you continue looking for your apple in your fridge.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yeah. Have you eat? I bought Mc Donalds, your favorite." He show you what on his hand and your jaw drop slowly, can't resist your favorite food.

Then after both of you finished eating, you get all the trash and throw it to the trash can before wash the dishes. Namjoon haven't say anything about you two and you start to wonder when he will start.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Rise, can we talk now?" He asked out of sudden once he notice you've done.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yeah, just talk." you turn your body to face him. He was still sitting in his spot, facing you and he cross his fingers, looks nervous.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Answer me. Do you still mad at me?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"No, I'm not."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Then why you never pick up my calls?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Because.. I think both of us need time."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Time for what?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Time to reflect about us, of course."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Wh-what do you mean? It's just a small things. It's normal for couple to have some argues and fights. We'll be alright." He stood up as he approach you and smile, want to assure you that it's nothing.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I don't know Namjoon. I still haven't find what I looking for, so..." you replied, avoid his eyes.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What are you trying to tell me?" He lift up your chin and there you can worries are all over his face.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Can you give me time, Namjoon? If you don't need time, then I need time to think. So, can we... you know-"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"No, I don't want us to break up. We're not broken!" He took few steps back, mess up with his hair.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"No, I didn't ask for break up. I just said, I need time. Give me some space to think. I know my self well, I need to find what I looking for, unless I won't stop. So, until I found what's missing between us, please.. can you wait for me?" you took few steps closer to him, holding his hand.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Promise me, that you will never break up with me if I give you space? And we'll be just alright?" He took a big sigh before asking you.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I promised." you nod.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I trust you." He squeeze your palm as he let out another sigh. "How long?"

⠀⠀

That night, he came back to dorm with his head hung low. Again, Jungkook who just done showering caught him walking like a dead zombie to their room.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Are you sure you're in love with her?" Jungkook asked after Namjoon tell him everything.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Of course, if not why should I dating her?" Namjoon give him a look.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Because if you do, you won't be this confused, frustrated and mad?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What are you trying to say?" Namjoon asked. "I just confused! We just started dating months ago, and everything went so smooth, but just because of a tiny mistake, why I need to give her a space? I can't meet her or call her, of course I become frustrated and mad."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Hyung, I'm not trying to lecturing you, but if you notice, even though you're against her idea to give her time, but in the end you still give it up right, why? Why you agreed with her?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Because.. because I trust her and I don't want her to feel burden with our relationship. I want her to enjoy as much as me."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"There, now you just spit out the reasons. So, think of that whenever you become frustrated. Remember it well."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀".. you're right. Thank you, Jungkook. I will remember about it, and I will, wait for her."

⠀⠀

How long you will let him waiting for you?
How long he could bear it and waiting for you?
Is it the end of your sweet dreams come true?
Or ... ??