Chapter 3

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Guys, makes sure nothing left, okay?" Manager hyung remind us one more time. "If everything's done, get in the van then. We're leaving soon." He added.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Hyung, do you know where is Hana now? She didn't answer my call." I heard Jungkook asked as soon as he get in the van.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yah, I'm Bangtan's manager, not her manager. How am I supposed to know?" Manager hyung replies while other members laugh in unison, while I just chuckles and still focus on this little gadget in my hand.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Who knows? Maybe all manager hyungs had a group chat in Kakao or something." Jungkook muttered and Hoseok laugh louder.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Aishh, guys... It's pretty late now, neighborhood might hear us." I shoo-ed them down and focus back on my phone while the van start moving.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Hyung, I think that girl is the daughter of Converse company owner." Jungkook start out of the blue.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"W-WHAT??????" I choked and shout, then realize all eyes were on me, including our manager. "I mean.. uhh-" I cough awkwardly and throw my eyes back on Jungkook. "What are you talking about?" I fake a natural smile, while he just laugh freely.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Look!" He showed me his phone and I gulped. He was showing me a photo of a girl who walk beside a middle-aged man, which is Converse Company owner in South Korea. She looks a little bit different because her hair was shorter, but despite that she looks exactly the same with the one I met this morning.

Is this a coincidence?

But, there's no coincidence in this world, Namjoon.

⠀‹ AUTHOR POV ›

Once BTS arrived in the “safe” part at the airport, Namjoon spotted something and slowly parting himself from the members.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Where he going to?” Jin asked, noticing Namjoon parting alone.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Like usual hyung. Some attracting books were calling him.” Taehyung replies and they chuckles, continue heading to their waiting room.

Letting his foot lead him, Namjoon stopped in front of a random shelf, hands holding his chin and tapped it few times, drown in his deep thought, thinking about which book he should bought this time.

The moment his hand move to approaching the book, he saw a hand grab it faster than him, and the worst thing is, that ‘stealer’ already walked to the cashier in a flash and paid for it. Namjoon saw everything and froze.

Not because of anger,

Because that was someone he know,

Someone he has been thinking about lately.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“R-ri...Rise?!” He called hesitantly.

A girl that wearing headphones around her neck turn around, furrowing her eyebrow.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Oh! You're... Mr. Mask!!” She exclaimed and a relief smile draw on Namjoon's face, although she can't see it because it was hidden under his mask.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Y-yeah.. ah, sorry. I haven't introduce my name.” He said and let out his hand. “I'm Namjoon.” He whisper slowly.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Huh? What's your name?” She accepted his handshake and step closer to him.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Namjoon. Kim Namjoon.” He whisper closer to her, and finally she nodded and form an O shape with her lips.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Why you need to whispering then? Oh wait wait, it's funny how your name was similar with my favorite idol's name. Even your voice were similar, here, listen!” She blaberring and put her earphones on Namjoon's by tip a toe.

He was surprised by a sudden skinship, but he become more surprise when he realize that she was listening to one of his mixtape.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Right?? You sound just like him!!” She pull her earphones back not knowing Namjoon was speechless standing right there. “Oh, anyway I'm Rise, I think you already knew, since you called me earlier, so nevermind. Where are you heading to?”

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“O-oh, right. Yeah, I knew. Ahh, New York, we have a sch- Ah! I mean, I have some business there.” He lied and rub his back hair. He doesn't even know why he need to lying, maybe knowing that she's one of his fans makes him panic.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Oohhh, a young business man we got here! Cool!” She shrieks and chuckles which was so cute for him. “I'm going to New York too and it will be really funny if we was actually a seat mate in the same plan.”

⠀---

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Am I some witch magician or what? I just talked about having you as my seat mate and now you're right here beside me.” She chuckles as she fasten her seat belt.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Maybe this is what people called, fate?” Namjoon chuckles, not hating the idea he had her beside him instead of his members.

How both ended up sit side by side was still a mystery.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Right. Perhaps. Anyway, can't you took off your mask? I want to see your face. Your eyes was familiar.” She said and turn to him.

Namjoon was lucky because right after she asked, the plane is about to take off, so they stop talking for awhile.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Eyy, Namjoon-ssi.. ” She poked his arms once the plane was in steady position.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“What?”

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Your mask.” She grin excitedly.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“I will open it, but ONLY if you won a game over me.” He smirk silently.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Game? What game?”

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“As we will stay so long in a plane, let's play a Q&A games . It's easy, I'll ask you questions and so do you. No matter what questions come out, we should answer it right. The one who can't answer the questions within a minute, lose. How was it?”

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Sounds great. If I won, you should open your mask, but what should I do if you won?”

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Hm, grant me a wish.”

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Deal! Let's start!!”

Both of you don't know how many hours it has been passed because you've been eating and talking each other and now you're in your 57th questions to Namjoon. So far, both of you still be able to answer all questions, because those were easy questions. Like talking to a new friend and get to know each other by asking about families, jobs, weather, hobbies, etc.

And of course, Namjoon was acting pretty well by hiding his true identity. Surprisingly both of you were having a same hobbies which is reading and also have a similar interest in poems.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“So, what's your favorite writers?” He asked when it was his turn.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Well, JK Rowling, Larissa Lone! Hm, and Rick Riordan also Sherrilyn Kenyon! Hm, Who else? Oh, Richelle Mead!! And many more!” You answered excitedly.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Wow, great choices! I see you're into dark and fantasy romance concept.” He said and smirking, of course you can't tell.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Right. I love that kind of stories, now my turn.” you said and fix your sitting position closer to him.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“What's with that smile, why you looks so happy out of sudden?” He chuckles.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Well, I got something in my mind.” you smirked.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“What would you do if one day you meet someone that you admire so much, someone who inspired you, someone that you wanted to meet, what would you do?” you asked and Namjoon's heart beat was increasing.

He become panic and how fast he try to think, he just can't get the right answer to tell you. Every time he tried to open his mouth, his mind went blank.

Maybe he was panic, because he thought you found out about his true identity.

‘Why she asked that?’

‘Does she trying to bait me?’

‘Does she figure out about my identity?’

‘What should I do if she went mad when she knew I was lying?’

‘What should I said?’

‘Come on, Namjoon! Say something!!’

His mind was completely in a mess, and he doesn't realize but he was avoiding her eyes all the time.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Yah, Namjoon-ssi? Why it took so long for you? You almost pass the- Oh! You lose!” you exclaimed happily when you notice that Namjoon just passed the time period that you both decided earlier.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“I- w-WHAT??”

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“You lose. L. O. S. E!!!!” you sang and punch the air, obviously happy. “Now, open your mask.” you added.

And Namjoon blankly followed your order because he doesn't have other choices. His hand slowly reaching his ears to pull away his mask side by side. His expression was hard to tell and never once he left your eyes, watching how your expression changed every seconds, when he reveal his face part by part.

When his face was revealed completely, you gasp and cover your mouth.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“w-wait...”

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“L-listen, I can explain.”

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“No, you listen. You lied to me that's the point.”

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“Y-yes but I-”

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀“I'm not Rihanna. I won't love the way you lie.”