Chapter 13 Fortunes Misfortune

August 10

Age 18

Adriana

"This is amazing." Travis says staring at the screen. "I'm going to be a dad."

We just went to our third ultrasound, and it's a girl. Travis is too excited to do anything but gawk at the screen.

"I'll assume you want a picture." Dr. Baker says. Travis nods and the doctor goes to get the picture printed saying we can find it at the receptionist's desk.

"Are you going to say anything."

"You make me so happy." He grins picking me up spinning me around. There still isn't much of a bump, but the doctor says not to worry. She should be okay. He kisses my forehead and then takes my hand to walk out of the room with me. "You both do."

"You're going to spoil her beyond belief. I know you." I tell him.

"Will not." He protests as we pick up the pictures and head out of the hospital. I pull out my phone and dial Calliope and Caleb.

"So, how did it go?" Caleb asks as he answers the phone.

"Hello to you too. And it went fine."

"Well?" Calliope asks.

"It's a girl." I tell them. I hear them celebrating.

"Congratulations, Travis must be happy."

"He's been grinning ear to ear since we found out." I tell them, a faint blush comes to Travis's cheeks and I just smile at him on our way out of the hospital to Professor Grimm's car. Travis finally gave in and is using the professor's car. While he tries to find a job that won't clash with school and his work for the professor. He opens the passenger door for me and closes it behind me. I can't believe it, it's all so unreal.

"We'll let you go now, call us soon." Calliope says.

"Will do, say hi to the animals for me."

"Of course, we love you, be safe." Caleb says before the line dies and I hang up the phone.

"So, what did they say."

"That you must be a proud father." I tell him as we lace our fingers together on the center console.

"I am, I really am." He says as we make the drive back to campus in almost complete silence.

Three cars are parked outside the dorm building. "Our roommates must be moving in." I tell Travis.

"Oh yay." Travis's sarcasm could be noticed by anyone. "Come on, let's go." He says getting out of the car before coming to open my door for me. "Why don't we go celebrate tonight?"

"How do you propose we do that?"

"I think there's a TV and DVD player that are dying to be used in my room." He says he holds up a new movie, Allegiant.

"When did you get this?" I ask him excitedly taking the box from his hand and reading over it soaking it all in.

"On our shopping trip, while I disappeared for a while."

"I love you." I tell him as we walk back to the dorm room which has the door swung open and people coming in and out. Travis and I manage to get in to the room and to his bedroom, the only room with a TV. We both keep a latch on our doors and keep them locked with a key lock. I curl up on his bed as he starts the movie before sitting next to me and letting me curl up in his arms as the movie begins. The door closed locking us in and away from the outside world. I'd flinch and bury my face in his chest whenever fights would break out and he'd protect me. Rubbing my arm and I can just imagine him grinning. He wraps his arm tighter when the fights would break out and I'd know it was okay when his grip loosens.