Chapter 11 Unraveling Secrets Part 2

Caleb-

Caleb-

"Callie," I wake my wife gently after I finish tying my tie and grabbing my blazer. "I've got to head into the hospital."

"It's 400 in the morning, is everything okay?" She asks me sitting up. Being an ER doctor has it's ups and downs. Mostly I have 48/72 hour shifts 48 hours in the hospital on the ER floor, then 72 hours off and I work in Pediatrics for 20 of those 72 hours and 22 of the hours are spent in my office for most of that time. The other 30 hours I spend with my wife traveling, or going on cliche dates. After 10 years we still act like teenagers that just started dating.

"Yeah, I just got the call that the background information came in." I tell her, "Can you bring Travis and Adriana for their appointment?"

"I want to go with you." She says standing up and grabbing her house coat. "I want to read the files for myself." She continues as she grabs a pair of dress slacks and a button down blouse from the closet.

"You can read them later, I'm going to pick them up and start my rounds." I tell her. She doesn't listen and continues to get things to get ready.

"Travis can drive my car to the hospital."  She says.

"You promised Adriana you'd wake her for the appointment." That finally pauses her. "It's only a few hours. I'll wait to read them with you." I promise her. She nods and puts the clothes down laying them on the bench to wear later. "Get some rest, I'll see you at the hospital later." I tell her kissing her forehead. She nods and sits down on the bed. "I love you, so much."

"I love you Caleb." I walk out of the bedroom and past Adriana's room, she lay curled up against Travis who's laying on his back their hands intertwined on his chest. Aurora lay sleeping between them. I smile at the two of them. They're so good for each other. I head down to the driveway and start my car heading out to the hospital.

~~

Adriana-

"Adriana," Calliope's soft voice wakes me. I blink in the light and try to focus. "It's 645, I thought you'd like some time to eat breakfast since you didn't eat dinner last night." I nod and sit up, I carefully take my hand out of Travis' he lay still sleeping.

Aurora mews and I pick her up putting her down on the floor, she walks out and disappears around the corner. "I'm just going to go get ready." I whisper softly. She nods and walks out. I grab a few things for myself and pick up the clothes that Caleb had promised to leave out for Travis in the bathroom. I put them on the desk and go to change into my outfit of the day.

 I put them on the desk and go to change into my outfit of the day