☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

"Hey, Abby!" Cam shouted from the other side of the basketball court. We were standing outside in a forest like court. Cam and I loved this place ever since the first day of high school. No one ever comes here anyway, because the nets were ripped and the basket poles were rusty.

"What?" I turned around, holding a basketball.

"This is Jason," he smiled. I shook hands with him.

"You play?" I challenged, holding the basketball up.

"I don't know, I don't want to hurt you," Jason smirked.

"That's not going to be a problem," I grinned then started the game.

***

"Damn," Jason whispered when I was trying a three pointer. I flicked my hands and the ball went straight in the basket.

"And she scores!!!" Cam cheered. I smiled with pride and walked over to Jason.

"Sorry if I hurt you," I tapped his head. He scowled then gave me a big smile. We hugged then went to get lunch in the cafe. Everyone else left before me, so I thought I'll put the basketballs back.

A ruffling noise made me look up from the basketball cart. "Who's there?" I yelled. Bad thing to do. I saw sparkling brown eyes staring at me behind the bushes. "Cam?" I breathe deeply, almost scared. The person stared at me for a solid five seconds then ran away on the opposite direction. What the hell was that?

I met up with the guys in the cafeteria. "You have skills," Jason nodded.

"Thanks, you too," I smiled. We went on talking about our old schools and how Cam and I met.

I turned around, ready to throw my trash away when I realized a pair of brown eyes staring at me. It was this kid, whose name I can't remember or just simply don't know. He was sitting alone in a corner. "That's Ryan, the weird geeky kid," Jason pointed. I looked at him and nodded.

I did the stupidest thing and went up to him. "Were you there?" I asked. He just looked at me with a disgrace expression and walked away. Fine. Like I wanted to know him. But deep inside, I kinda did.

 "What did you say to him?" Cam raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing," I shrugged.

"So why'd he flee the room?" Jason questioned, plopping a grape in his mouth.

"I don't know, why don't you ask him?" I faked a smile. He stayed quiet and we changed subjects.

***

Two minutes before the bell rang to excuse us, I packed up my things while my idiotic teacher was still talking. "Miss Coles, it is no where near time to be cleaning up your belongings," Ms.Havamitch, also known as Ms.Havabitch to everyone on campus, hissed.

"I'm sorry Ms.Havabitch- mitch," I corrected myself, hoping she didn't hear that. But with that ugly stained look on her face, I'm pretty sure she heard it. Ah, detention, detention.

"Excuse me?" she raised her eyebrows that frightens me.

"I said I'm sorry," I repeated.

"Detention," she snapped.

"But I-"

"Detention," she repeated.

"I said I was-"

"Don't make me repeat myself!" Uh, you just did. How did you ever get a degree?

"Abby, calm down," Cam whispered to me.