Chapter 48

(Layla's pov)

I carefully rolled over, trying my absolute best to make sure that I didn't wake up Ashton who laid beside me. He was up pretty late last night, apparently Sushi doesn't work too well with his stomach.....

I planted my feet on the ground, slipping some warm socks to cover my cold feet, followed by my comfortable shoes. I glanced back at Ash once more before standing all the way up and grabbing a sweat shirt off the arm rest on a chair in the bedroom.

I slipped the sweat shirt over my head and
walked downstairs. It was quite the chilling morning and I was freezing my ass off, but I still went down the staircase.

It was pitch dark outside, the sun yet to rise over the ocean, which was perfect on my part. I completely forgot Jasmine was sleeping on my couch as I got onto the bottom floor. She scared me half to death with a muffled snore, but she was knocked out. I didn't blame her, she spent a lot of time last night eating ice cream and crying. That takes a lot of energy, plus, yesterday was just over whelming for her pour soul.

I carefully tip toed into the kitchen where I started a pot of coffee and pulled out a muffin from a bin. Peaking pieces of chivalry bit by bit and watching the window as carefully as I could, almost tempting the sun to rise before my coffee was done.

I pulled my cup out of one of the above cupboard just before I heard it beep. With a sigh of relief I made myself my cup of coffee, pouring a little creamer in and then mixing it it together to make one perfect combination.

Then I went for the door. Slowly shutting it behind me with one arm, while the other firmly held my mug. Then I bound down the steps, watching each foot carefully in the dark. Until I finally slipped away into the moonlight, where I saw the sun just barely inching at the very bottom of the ocean. I smirked and sat down on the dock, letting my feet swing from beneath me over the edge. The tide slowly rolling back with each minute.

On occasion I'd take a nice wig of my coffee and then smile at its extreme warmth it provided me.

The only thing that was missing was my notebook.

This place was bound to so many memories it seemed almost impossible to settle for less as I sat there, but I guess, drinking coffee and watching the sun wasn't so bad.

"You woke up without me" I jumped and turned, glaring at Ashton as he sat down beside me. "Don't give me that, I didn't mean to scare you" He leaned forward to quickly peck my lips.

"I wanted you to sleep in, it was my attempt at being a nice girlfriend" I exclaimed.

"Guess you get to stay a mean one" He smirked.

I rolled my eyes but nodded to his words. "Guess so" I scoot closer to him a little bit so I could lean my head on his shoulder, and as I did this he rested his arm around my waist to keep me close, rubbing circles into my side.

"I love you" He randomly blurted.

"A good morning would of sufficed" I laughed.

"Oh......that too"

"I love you too and good morning too"

He laughed at this. "Oh this trip has been nice" He added.

"And in two days it's all over"

"Tomorrow it's back to Seattle" He grunted.

"Our last day in Port Townsend" I finished for him, snuggling into his side closer.

"This has been so great though!"

"And I'll see you soon though, really soon" I added extra emphasis. "2 weeks"