Chapter 22

(Layla's pov)

"So that was a lot of fun" Ashton told me as he pushed open the doors to the plaza and held it open for me. The cold air braced my face as I stepped outside. Ashton closed the door and followed behind me.

"You want to come with me in the rental, cuz it looks like Calum is going with Josie, and I don't see your car anywhere."

"Umm sure" I shrugged. "What's taking Michael so long anyways?" I asked.

"He's got blisters on his feet that are bleeding everywhere"

"How's his rum? He hit that corner pretty hard. I'm surprised he didn't get a concussion out of it"

"He's okay, walking kind of funny, but he'll make it out alive"

"Maybe, he's not out here yet"

"Layla I had a lot of fun tonight" he turned to me and grabbed my cold hands. "Your freezing"

"Is this gonna be a redo of what happened at the trailer?" I asked. "Cuz I'm pretty sure this is the same thing that happened last time"

"I don't know....is it?" He questioned pulling of his sweat shirt and handing it to me, getting a slight glance at his v-line when his shirt tugged up.

I blushed swinging the sweatshirt over my head and then pulling my hair out. "My hairs really frizzy!"

"Yes it is" he raised a hand and patted down my hair, stepping a little closer. "But you still look beautiful"

Nerves got the best of me as my stomach did flips. "Thank you" my cheeks were now rosy, and not just because of the cold.

I bit my lip and stared into his eyes. He leaned down a little, and just as both of our eyes started to flutter closed, our lips milliseconds form touching, there was a click.

"Hey guys! Oh! God I didn't not mean to Interrupt. Well if I'm being honest, I actually did this time. I saw you guys from a mile away." He giggled.

I smiled at Ashton "it's not a redo without the almost kiss is it now?"

"I guess not" He grumbled stepping away from me and unlocking the car.

"I call shot gun, your in the back sucker!" I sat down in the passenger seat. Michael slowly strolled over to the back of the car and got in, sitting in the middle seat.

Once we were all in the car I turned on the radio and scanned through channels. "Hey it says there a cd in here!" I pressed the cd.

"No don't touch that!" Michael and Ashton said. It was too late, the cd started playing. I turned to look at them with a curious expression while stifling my laughter.

"You seriously listen to your own cds in the car?" I couldn't help it, I just laughed. "I know you guys are like crazy talented, but isn't this being a little .....self absorbed?"

They both sheepishly looked away, embarrassed by my findings. "Relax you guys I'm just kidding. I mean it's hilarious, but I don't blame you for it"

"Ummm, now that I think of it" Michael said. "Are we going to sign into the hotel or..  where are we staying?"

Before Ashton could even answer that I interrupted. "You could stay with Josie and I,  we have a three bedroom......and there's always the couch."

"Oh I don't know" Ashton muttered. "I think maybe we'd be better off at a hotel"

"Oh come on please!" I begged. "Besides, I have these really comfortable soft beds, they beat any hotel bed"

Ashton glanced at my pleading face and sighed. "Fine, but I don't want to impose or anything"