Chapter 15

"Is that what I think it is?" Josie yanked an ear bud out of my ear and stared blandly at the screen in my lap.

"It just might be" I closed the screen and set the lap top beside me while sitting up.

"So you've found your compassion, no more writers block?"

"It's not that simple" I quickly stated. "I guess we will kind of see and go from there" I smiled.

"This deserves a celebration!" She yelled.

"I don't, I don't want everyone to know" I sternly said. "Can we just keep this between us, I kind of want to see how it goes, just see if I can get this story going before I tell anyone"

"That's fine" Josie smiled. "It'll be just between us okay, I won't tell a soul. But ugh, your still eating these" She pulled some sour gummy worms out from behind her back. "Our small celebrating item"

I laughed at her gesture and took the bag from her. We started to eat the gummy worms and watching whatever movie shed out on while I was in my own zoned world.

"Where is my sister?" I was well aware that Jasmine left the room for a nap earlier so she didn't worry me.

"Ugh, she went to the vending machines about ugh......10 minutes ago"

"That's seems like an awful long time to pick a snack" I frowned.

"You're right"

"I'll go check on her" I got up from the bed and left the room. Josie nodded to my words and watched me leave.

The vending machines were just down the hallway and to the left where the elevators were located. I frowned as I turned the first corner, seeing that there wasn't anyone noticeably familiar. There was a guy in his mid 30's leaning against it and sipping a coke. He had some scruff and was staring at the ground strangely. "Excuse me?"

The man turned and stared at me "yes?"

"Have you happened to see a young girl 18ish, 5'4, ash blonde hair?" I questioned.

"Ugh maybe, there was someone here before me.....she might be who your looking for. Umm, she went into the elevator with a man. Looked like she knew him."

My eyes widened. "Shit" That didn't sound like something my sister would do, but you never know. "How long ago was this?"

"Maybe like 3 minutes ago"

I breathed in a deep breath and pulled out my phone. Dialing her number I clicked the down button on the elevator. "Thank you"

"Hi this is Kelsey Anderson, thank you for calling I'll get back to you as soon as I can....bye!"

A scoff fell onto my face as I absently stared at the opening doors.

"Kelsey where the fuck are you" I muttered into the phone, and then hung it up abruptly entering the elevator.

No one was inside the elevator, so I was free to freak out as much as I wanted. I was tugging at my hair.

I opened my phone again and called Josie. She picked up almost immediately. "Hello?"

"Josie did she come back?"

"No she didn't? She wasn't at the vending machines?" Josie asked.

"The hell she wasn't! Will you please go check and make sure she isn't with Jasmine!" I asked her.