Chapter 24 The Ending of an Enemy

"I ended it." Damian gazed at Dick and Raven gently.

Dick and Raven didn't move.

Damian stared at his sword, still shocked with himself. The blood laid on the sword, almost like it was painted on.

The body of Deathstroke was flat on the ground, and not a movement was being made.

Damian stuck out his sword still, still shocked with himself, "I ended this."

Raven sorrowed, "You killed him."

Damian turned around, feeling Raven's fear inside of him. (The telepathy link)

"Raven... I-"

"What? I thought you stopped killing-"

"I had too," Damian hung his head low, "Someone had to do it. End him before things got worse. Before people died. You know what he did to Artemis... and to Thea..."

Dick cut in, "Doesn't matter. That's not how heroes work."

"Says who?" Damian grunted, beginning to defend himself.

"From me," Dick tensed, "Way back... when I had my own Titans team with Starfire, Kaldur, Roy, Artemis and the past Wally... we fought someone... Lex Luther. He killed them. Kaldur, Wally and Artemis. Are team was in sorrow. The remainder of it, anyway. Star, Roy and I. But did we go and kill Lex? No! Did we want too? Hell yeah! But we don't kill."

Damian stopped making a face and began to make a face of sorrow. He gazed at Dick slightly, then looked away again.

Dick stopped being tough as well, wondering softly what Damian was thinking.

Raven stared down at Deathstroke, "I always wanted this son of a bitch to die. But not to the hands of one of my best friends..." Raven looked sympathetically at Damian.

Damian nodded, "I won't do it again."

Raven grimaced, "What about the league?"

Dick gazed at them thoughtfully, "I'll tell them. They know me well. You two, return to the Team and take down the Hive."

Damian dropped the bloody sword next to the dead body of Slade Wilson.

Raven opened a portal, which she and Damian stepped through, followed by Dick who drove away on his motorcycle.