+

After eating breakfast, Layne took Kaylie the park so I could finish packing the last bags of Kaylie and mines. There were only 4 bags, so it wasn’t much.

I brought the last bag down the stairs into the living room before the door bell rung. I went to the door looking through the peep hole, and then opened it.

“Hi Mason.” I smiled.

“Hi Selena.” He replied.

“Come in.” I said gesturing towards the hallway that leads to the living room. Mason nodded his head and walked in, both of us walking into the living room taking a seat on the couch.

“Where’s Kaylie?” He asked.

“Layne took her to the park; they should be back any minute because it’s almost time for her to take us to the air port.” I said.

“When does your flight take off?” Mason asked.

“Two o’clock.” I said.

“How long does it take to get there?”

“About two hours and a half. So we should land in Florida no later than five-thirty.” I said.

Before Mason and I could say anything further Kaylie and Layne walked in. When Kaylie saw Mason she ran into his arms hugging him.

“MACE!” She squealed. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to say bye.” He said.

“I’ll miss you Mace.” Kaylie pouted.

“I’ll miss you too Kells,” Mason began using his nickname for Kaylie,”but remember I can always come visit or your mom and you can come back and visit.” Mason finished off.

Kaylie nodded her head and hugged him tight with her arms around his neck, and his around her body.

“I love you Mace.” Kaylie sniffled.

“I love you too Kells.”

+

Mason left ten minutes after hugging and re-assuring Kaylie that he wouldn’t forget about her and visit her soon as he could.

It made me realize how much Kaylie will miss Mason—because that’s the closet thing she ever had as a father.

Layne had brought Kaylie and I to the air port and Kaylie was playing on her tablet, while I sat quietly and I could feel Layne staring at me.

“Layne I can feel you staring at me.” I said quietly turning to face her.

“What are you thinking about baby? I know you’re thinking so don’t say you aren’t. You’re making that thinking face you always do—which is cute by the way.”

I remember when Justin used to always tell me that too.

I sighed. I looked over to my right side where Kaylie had her earphones in watching videos then I turned back to Layne.

“Just thinking how Florida will be. How much Kaylie and I both will miss Mason and you.” I said.

“Selena, remember Mason and I will always love you and Kaylie no matter what, and even though we’re thousands of miles apart, we’ll always be here for you.” She smiled.

“Flight 37, to Boca Raton, Florida, now boarding.” We heard.

“Well, that’s our cue.” I said getting up, Layne following my movements. “I love you Layne.”