Chapter 14

"A little to the left! Yeah! Right there! No, not to the right! Lucas, please, focus!" Harry yells as he orders the men to move the sign a bit

"A little to the left! Yeah! Right there! No, not to the right! Lucas, please, focus!" Harry yells as he orders the men to move the sign a bit. Sighing to himself, he crosses his arms and admires the new building he just built for Eveleigh; her very own flower shoppe located right in front of Williams Flower Depot so Mrs. Williams can regret firing her best worker everyday.

Instead of brutally injuring Mrs. Williams like he originally planned, he decided to go the petty route and build Eveleigh a magnificent and beautiful flower shoppe that would flourish and be the talk of the town. Behind the shoppe, he bought ten acres of land so Eveleigh go grow however much she wanted. Her rose gardens could go on for miles.

Looking across the street, he can't help but laugh as he watches Mrs. Williams glare from her empty shoppe.

He may have spread the rumor that she had an infestation of killer bees and used a pesticide that would rot off your skin.

"Fuck with me or what's mine, and I'll make your life a living hell." He thinks with a small, evil chuckle.

Sending her a little wave, he then gives her the middle finger, watching as she gasps in anger and quickly shuts her blinds. He lets out a cackle, slapping his thigh, before turning back around and surveying the building.

"Lucas! I told you the marigolds go to the right of the pansies! I know you're stupid but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand English, the language in which you are fucking fluent in!" Harry shouts, shaking his head as he rushes to help the poor man.

__________

"Kitten? Wow, it smells amazing in here!" Harry calls, shutting the door as pulls off his coat and places it in Eveleigh's hall closet. Inhaling deeply, he smiles when he smells the scents of baked potatoes, garlic, and a hint of rosemary.

"Harry!" He hears Eveleigh shriek excitedly in the next room before quick footsteps are heard and he is suddenly attacked. He stumbles backwards, his back landing against the door as Eveleigh latches onto his body, hugging him tightly.

He instantly wraps his arms around her soft, warm, sweet smelling body, content to be holding her after a long, rough day. Nuzzling his face into her neck, he stumbles forward until he finds the couch to fall upon. "I missed you," his voice is muffled by her skin as he places spongy, wet kisses on her neck and jawline and burying his nose into her silky strands of hair that had fallen from her bun.

"I missed you too," she sighs, relaxing into his body, as her hand reaches up to play with his fluffy curls. His cold hands find their way under her warm sweater and his fingers dig into her soft hips as he exhales in relief and contentment.

They bask in each other's embrace for a moment before Eveleigh pulls back with a small smile. Giving her a closed, dimpled smile, Harry reaches up to push her hair out of her face before grabbing her cheeks and pulling her down for a kiss.