Chapter 27: Santa's Hot Nephew

8.46pm
Tuesday
15th December 2015

Aiden's head banged onto the floor with a thud as Kylie stood up. He grunted and rubbed his head. He propped himself up with his elbow, his eyes taking time to adjust at the dim light pouring into the room and saw that the youngest of the Raquine's siblings was standing framed at the door.

"Kylie, you never told me. You kept it a secret all along. There were no spirits in the house at all," Leslie said, awed instead of confused. "It was Santa's hot nephew all along."

Her eldest sister's jaw dropped as she stared at Leslie with eyes wide. Aiden then sat up and raised a questioning eyebrow. Finding the whole situation amusing, he smirked then pushed his hair back with his free hand that it stood up like spikes.

"See, even your sister said that I'm hot," the boy said, looking at Kylie. But Kylie just looked back at him in confusion. He rolled his eyes and reminded her,"Cute is an understatement." Kylie raised an eyebrow and scowled.

"She said that you're cute?" Leslie muttered, approaching. "I don't think 'cute' should be an adjective. Who are you anyway?"

"You don't remember me?" Aiden said. "My name is- ouww!"

He glared sharply at Kylie when the girl smacked him in the chest. She looked at him and shook her head, mouthing 'no'. He scowl faltered and he stared at her in confusion for a few minutes.

"What's your name?" Leslie interjected, sitting down in front of them.

"I uh-uh-my name is Mikael."

"That's cool. Are you really Santa's nephew?"

"Pfft. Look, kid, there's no such thing as- ouw! Stop that, will you?" Aiden scowled when Kylie nudged at him with an elbow. He stared into her pleading eyes in confusion and nodded when he understood. He simply shrugged and murmured,"Yea, something like that. "

"That's awesome," Leslie exclaimed, her eyes sparkling. "Am I on the nice list this year?"

Aiden hesitated for awhile and nodded when he tilt his face up to find Kylie smiling at her little sister.

"Did Santa read my christmas list?"

He nodded, again. Seeing Leslie dancing with joy, he just chuckled. The girl then stopped and bombarded him with more questions. "What are you doing here?"

"Visiting," he replied, shrugging. "I'm quite bored because Santa grounded me for disturbing his elves."

"He have elves working for him?" Leslie asked, excited. "How many are there? Are they as cute as me?"

"Ehm, too many for me to count. They're cute but quite stupid and they wear skirts instead of pants. They're obsessed with it. You look much cuter though."

"Thank you," Leslie said, hugging him out of the sudden. "You're so nice to hug. So many muscles. Not too buff and not too skiny. Just perfect. The perfect kind for me to marry."

Aiden paled and raised an eyebrow. Leslie tightened her grip of him and didn't let go. He gulped nervously and begged for Kylie's help with pleading eyes. The girl just shook her head no, grinning at him like a ghost.

"You and me are going to be one true pairing," Leslie announced, moving away a little. She patted his shoulder lightly then resumed hugging him. "We're going to get married then go for our honeymoon at some deserted island near Hawaii. We're going to kiss in the moonlight and live happily ever after."

A tinge of red spreaded across Aiden's face and mouthed Kylie 'help me please'. But the girl ignored him and lifted her hands to stifle her laugh. After a few moments, the little girl released her grip of him and sat down next to him. Just when he thought the torture was over, she resumed interrogating him.