Chapter 14: The Devil, the Assassin and the Grizzly

1.04am
Sunday
13th December 2015

His hair fell over his eyes which were dark green in colour, like a piercing image in her memory. His eyes were the only thing she remembered him of, filled with emptiness. She relaxed upon seeing the broken but beautiful boy before her. He was...

"Aiden?" Kylie uttered after he removed his hand. The other two figures released her then. The unknown figure removed his mask, revealing his chocolate brown hair and charming smile. "Jason? You too?"

"See, I told you it'll work. Even though she forgot about me, she still remembers you. She's finally remembering something from her childhood," Aiden said, still sitting on Kylie and it was torturing for her legs.

"Aiden, could you just shut up?" Jason snapped, his expression turned into a cute frown when he looked at Kylie. "Could you move away? She's dying?"

"I'm dying?" Kylie said when Aiden, with an anxious expression, said, "She's dying?"

"Oh," Aiden said in realization, still not moving away. "I'll just stay here like this."

"Just move, you idiot. She dying," the masked girl said, pushing Aiden away. Loosing his grip he fell and hit his head at the edge of the bedside table. He yelped and glared at the masked girl.

"Are you okay?" Kylie asked, concerned.

"Just leave him be. He deserved it. Monique, just take off your mask already. She won't report us to the police," Jason said, sounding sure.

"How do you know if she won't do so? We're finished if she sees my face," Monique said, refusing to take off her mask.

"Hell is cold," Jason said, putting his head in his hands. Kylie quirked an eyebrow, confused. "She already knows your name, okay?"

"Still, she haven't take any pledge so I'm not taking it off."

"Fine," Jason uttered, slightly angry. He turned towards Kylie and said, "Take a pledge and say that you won't report us to anyone, especially the police."

"Okay, I pledge that I won't report about your breaking into my house and whatever activities you are doing in my house to anyone, especially the police," Kylie said.

"And I'll burn in the fires of hell if I ever mention this to anyone," Monique added.

Kylie just rolled her eyes and continued, "And I'll burn in the fires of hell if I ever mention this to anyone."

"I'll eat gross eyeballs and intestines of the dead for eternity and nominate Monique Nemeira as the queen of-"

Jason cut Monique off, snapping at her saying," Just take off your bloody mask already or I'll rip it off your head!"

"Fine, fine," she pulled off her mask. Her jet black curls freed themselves and her eyes filled with boredom. She looked like an assassin. "But what if she still reports us. Its just a pledge and its only something people say. We wouldn't be sure if she'll not break it."

"Then, why did you ever suggest the idea of taking a pledge?" Jason said, annoyed. "You're crazier than I thought you are."

"Crazy is the new normal, people say. And if 'crazy' is the only word you can come out with to describe me then your life is screwed."

"Go on, screw my life. After you screw my life, I'll screw your life," Jason said, sending a threatening glare. But Monique seemed like she didn't want to back down, and she didn't.

"Is the drama over?" Aiden interrupted, slightly bored. He was knelt beside the bed, rolling his eyes the whole time the two fired comments at each other. "Are you two done fighting? Cause if there's another part, I'll just-"