Chapter 29

(( Vic pov ))

So I have been working at papas company for a few months now. And it's not as hard as I originally thought. It's quite simple once Kellin's father explained everything and he lets me follow him around and sit in on meetings and things like that.

There just a lot of meetings with other companies that are partners with us and a lot of paper work that goes on.

Since I'm going to be in charge I have to make sure that all the employees are doing what there supposed to be doing and I have to make out there pay checks and all that fun stuff. I'm not to thrilled that I'm going to be in a suit and tie everyday, cause I always felt that I'd be more of a free spirt, type of career. But I know papa really wanted the company to stay in the family I'm willing to do anything for him.

Kellin has just started his college, and so far he likes it. He does get a lot of work to do, so I don't get to spend the time that I want with him. But we make it work. And everything is going well.
We spend the weekends and free time with each other. So it's all good.

Now I can't take over until I'm ready, don't get me wrong I'm ready now and even mr Bostwick said so too, I don't want it right away. So I'm going to wait a year or so.

But since today is Friday and the start of the weekend I'm going to spend it right with my Kellin.

So I came home and kissed my mama hello while she was telling Hayley what to make for dinner.

Then I sat next to mama just to have a conversation with her but I had to wait until she was done with Hayley.

"Hey mama" I said.

"Hello sweetie, how was your day?"

"It was alright, a bit tiring though"

"Well I'm glad, is any word on you taking over soon?" She asked.

"Well Mr Bostwick said I could but I want to wait a year or so, I'm on no rush to take over you know" I said.

"Well whatever you feel you have to do Vic, I'm just so glad your doing this," she paused. And she started crying, I'm a little confused.

"Mama?"

"I'm fine Vic, you just remind so much of your father, the way he'd always wear suits and then heading over to the company and then come home for dinner, and you. You look so much like him and are so personality wise too. The humbleness you two share. And the way he cared about you and Mike. I hope you know that he loved you boys very much and he would do anything for us." Mama finished.

I didn't know what to say to that.

"I know mama, I loved him too" was all I said and then I hugged her. She hugged me back. Really tight I might add.

"So how are things with you and Kellin?" She broke the silence and heavy air.

I smiled when she said his name. And when someone wants to talk about him I love to brag about him.

"Well things are great mama-"

"Vic?" I heard the angelic voice of Kellin sound. We are at the point where he just walks right in.