what's your deal? | scott summers

Summary: scott summers is a total douche, but only really because of one big ol secret
Word Count: 1645

Summary: scott summers is a total douche, but only really because of one big ol secretWord Count: 1645

The faint bell rang throughout the mansion as you knew it was time to get to the next class. Quickly bundling all of your books and papers you rushed out the door thanking Mr. McCoy and quickly getting through the halls.

Your best friend Jubilee and you had gotten into a fight just the other day and you knew you would see her in passing period if you didn't hurry. In attempts to make it through the day without anymore conflicts you kept your head down and rushed to class-regretfully. In an instant you slammed into a stiffened body and dropped all your school books cursing to yourself.

"Do you ever watch where you're going? Idiot." Scoffed the body as you dropped to the wood hallway to gather your belongings.

Frustration and anger washed over your body as you felt your eyes cloud over. You watched as the floor boards warped and tilted until you realized what you were doing. After a few inhales all was normal again and you looked up to see a boy with obnoxiously colored Ray-Ban's and a pissed expression.

"I'm sorry." Was all you could muster out as you continued to pick up the belongings that had scattered across the hall.

"Well...you should be." He said with a tinge of unsureness that was overpowered by detestation.

His words and exhausted expression towards you haunted your mind as you walked down the hall and into your next class. What was up with this guy? Why was he being such a jerk?

--

The days went on and it wasn't long before you found out that the boy sat across the room from you in Professor X's class. You found yourself making uncomfortable eye contact from time to time with the red Ray-Bans which hardly masked the glares behind them.

Professor Xavier was speaking on the subject of "believing in yourself" or some psychological thing along those lines when a small crumpled paper landed on your desk.

'QUIT STARING' was scribbled on the paper and you knew just who it was from.

You looked up across the room to see the boy with Ray-Bans. Crumpling up the paper you glared back at him and raised your hands in confused shrug mouthing the words 'what did I do?'

He responded by angrily pressing his finger on his desk where you had placed the crumpled paper on yours. You responded with an eye roll and continued to listen to the Professors lecture.

--

Pushing the awfully rude brunette from your mind you knew it was time to talk to Jubilee again since it had almost been a week since you two last spoke. Luckily it was time for lunch and free period. You decided to sit and wait for her to pass by eventually so you could go up and speak to her. The minutes passed quickly and you feared you wouldn't be able to talk until a familiar laugh came from the sidewalk.