you're my hero. | poe dameron

Summary: Poe comes to your rescue after an attack on your home.
Word Count: 716

You felt your knees crumble as you fell to the ground at the sight of your home burnt to ashes

You felt your knees crumble as you fell to the ground at the sight of your home burnt to ashes. You had no way of telling where your family were. They could of been taken by the First Order, or killed in the fires. Tears fell at the thought of your missing family.

A beautiful whirring sound pierced through the sky and five or so X-Wings came zooming above the trees. You wanted to scream for help, but no words came out. The sound passed and you knew you had to find a way to save yourself. Faintly getting up to your feet, you decided to trek towards town. A familiar whirring returned as an X-Wing zoomed above and halted hundreds of feet above you. The plane slowly descended through the sky and landed on the ground by your side. With anticipation and fear you backed into the trees awaiting someone to come out of the pilots seat.

A man in an orange and white jumper stepped out of the plane and swiftly took off his helmet revealing a head of brown kinky hair. He ran up to you and you flinched afraid of the strange man approaching you. He stopped his feet and stood with his helmet at his hip.

"Don't worry." His voice was soft and kind and you felt a bit of fear shed off of your shoulders. "I'm Poe Dameron, I'm part of the Resistance."

"Are you here to help me?" You choked out glancing behind the plane towards the sizzling remains of a home.

"Of course." He said taking a step forwards again. "We need to get you out of here."

"But my family I-" you began before tears returned. You may never see them again. Within seconds you felt a pair of arms wrap tightly around you in a hug. The brown eyed pilot let you sob into his jacket as he held on tight. After the tears had stopped and your grip on his jacket softened he stepped back a bit giving you air.

"I scanned the area and no one had died here. Your family is still out there." He said before gently extending his hand and swiping the pad of his thumb under your eye to remove a tear rolling down your cheek.

"Really?"

"They really are, and I won't rest until I find them." He said with a smile which was so charming it mirrored onto your own face.

"Thank you Poe." You said. "You're my hero." He looked down to hide the red growing on his cheeks. After a flustered moment he looked back up and into your eyes before extending a hand.

"Come on now, we gotta go find your family." You took hold of his gloved fingers and he guided you back to his X-Wing.

"I've never flown before." You said looking up and down at all the bright colors and buttons throughout the plane.

"It's fun really, unless you get motion sickness of course." He said with a chuckle. He turned back to see you look at him worried. "But don't worry I'm the best pilot around, you'll be safe with me."

You smiled at his kindness and accepted his help up into the passenger seat of his plane. With a thank you and a thumbs up he closed plane up and flipped on some switches.

"You know I never got your name." He said turning around with his helmet shifter around on his face.

"(Y/N)." A smile immediately grew on his cheeks.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful girl." He said before turning back in his chair. Completely bewildered you couldn't help but sputter out two words.

"Wait what?"

"Buckle up (Y/N)! I'm taking you to the Resistance Base!" He said before twisting a key as the X-Wing buzzed to life and hovered above the trees. Just like that you were whisked away by both the charm and starfighter of the one and only Poe Dameron.

---

Well that went downhill. I'm sorry. Story goes to vivianrjones bc she probably loves Poe more than she loves tea. But anyways vote comment and have a great day!:)