copper and tellurium. | peter parker

Summary: Peter and you are lab partners and it turns into something more.
Word Count: 1471

You felt yourself loosing focus a bit as Mr

You felt yourself loosing focus a bit as Mr. Ruffalo dragged on about how Carbon had the highest melting point out of all the elements while Tungsten was the second. Honors Chemistry always seemed to be a pain, but that didn't keep your grades from slipping. You were a smart kid it's just the school system drained you of your individuality and purpose. When getting tested on your knowledge of Noble gases drops your grade no ones gonna care how well you understand the human mind.

"Alright raise your hand if you don't have a partner." Mr. R said to the class snapping you out of your thoughts. You turn to the blonde next to you who always smelled of all the Bath and Body Works scents.

"Partner for what?" You ask in a whisper noticing the class slowly getting into groups of two. She scoffed and turned to the girl next to her. "Alrighty." You mumble and look to the front of the class and notice "Group Project" written on the board. Mentally groaning you raise your hand slowly.

"Oh good." Mr. R said immediately spotting your hand and turning to a face behind you. "Looks like you won't be alone Peter. (Y/N) move on back to Peter, you guys will be partners." You shove your stuff into your bag and turn around to look for your new partner. Two seats behind you and to the right was a brown eyed boy. His mouth parted in the slightest bit and you watched his pencil shake. Smiling, you stand up and move to the empty seat next to him.

"I'm (Y/N)." You say quietly, seeing as Mr. R began speaking again, and stretched out your hand.

"Pe-" he began but his voice cracked causing his cheeks to turn a slight shade of pink. He cleared his throat quickly and spoke again. "Peter." You shook hands and smiled again, he was kinda cute.

"We will do some simple chemistry experiments to begin learning about acids and bases. We will see how the acidity of substances is measured; we will learn about  some acid-base indicators; we will produce pH indicating papers; we  will do a titration of vinegar; we will search for natural indicating substances and we will determine the color scale of  them. In most cases, we will use household substances." Mr. R explained as a sheet of paper was passed back to each person with requirements for tomorrow. You turned to Peter with the list to see him looking at you.

"Oh...um could I have your number?" You ask for purposes of the project.

"W-what?" He spoke losing his voice. With every second he was getting cuter. You laughed a bit.

"So we can figure out who's doing what for the project." You said smiling.

"Oh uh yeah of course." He said quickly tearing out a sheet of paper and scribbling down numbers. You smiled at the old fashioned paper contact and folded it up, putting it in your pocket. Just then the bell rang and you shoved your notebook into your bag.