What Happened to the FFAC kids during the battle of Hogwarts {Part 2}

Summary: Part 2 of the series of one shots describing the FFAC kids during the BOH
Word Count: 1896

My shoulders were shoved as the crowd of students pushed their way down the stairs and into a courtyard where the school appeared to lay in ruins

My shoulders were shoved as the crowd of students pushed their way down the stairs and into a courtyard where the school appeared to lay in ruins. Before I could truly take all the madness in, a figure in all black flew at me and I screamed flicking my wand at him. "Confringo!" He blew up in a cloud of blue smoke and I sprinted to my left where it seemed there was less hysteria and hit a stone wall covered in vines.

Students and Death Eaters fought in a fiery mess all around me. Each spell, each cry, each explosion and crumble of rock ricocheted in my ears. My breath hitched and all I wanted to do was blend into the vines and stay put for the rest of my life in the strands of green. But I knew I couldn't and I knew I had to . My mind cleared other than a simple word. 'Survive'.

My witch instinct kicked in as a humongous spider flung itself over a mound of gravel towards me. "Deprimo!" I shouted jabbing forward my wand and watching as a hole appeared in the middle of the spider dropping it at my feet-dead.

More death and horror clouded around me and I turned to watch a student, maybe not even fifteen have thick black smoke surround her and a Death Eater slaughter her the moment he appeared. Before I could react with fear over her heart breaking scream and now lifeless body, I stopped myself and spun around to see a woman with long jet black hair drop from the window above me.

"Stupid little-" she began to taunt, but I swished my wand and cut her off with a curse, sending the woman flying backwards against an archway across the courtyard. When her body dropped down I saw a boy in front of me with shaggy brown hair. He was fighting off a painfully burly Death Eater and was completely unaware of the one creeping behind him.

"Look out!" I screamed as he sent the one in front of him deep into the earth and spun around quickly to curse the one behind him. He turned to the source of help and I recognized the face within seconds.

"David!" I shouted relieved to see him alive. I ran over the rubble to his side and took hold of his free hand out of impulse, but let go in seconds to curse a Death Eater behind him.

"Maddie!" he said letting out a faint smile. His bright blue eyes stuck out. And through all the fire and darkness I found a strand of hope in him. I reached both hands out to his cheeks and pushed myself up to kiss him. The moment was sweet and it pressed a drop off peace in my worries.

He pulled away with a smile and looked past me, "duck." I squatted down to the ground quickly and heard a man get shot back. I stood back up and smiled at him before turning to fight off the Death Eaters around us.

"I'm happy to see you're ok." He said over the shouting.

"You too. I'm surprised you didn't hurt yourself running up the stairs." I said with a chuckle while turning to deflect a purple orb flying towards me.