The little mermaid princess

Pardon my english. This is rushed and another aborted work. Abortionist ako.

Wanshat
The little mermaid princess
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once upon a time, there was a very pretty mermaid named Arielle. Now for all mermaids, going to the surface is forbidden. People doesn't want to see something that they cannot understand. They fear the unknown. People are very judgmental. They tend to discriminate, demean and destroy those that are very different from them. And merpeople, being more intelligent than humans, chose to avoid the conflict by making it appear that they are just a myth. Now Arielle, being extremely bored and curious, decided to check the surface for fun and as if destiny planned it, she caught sight of the love of her life. A handsome and dashing human prince.

He was not like any man, or merman, that Arielle had ever seen before and her heart just went out to him. But alas! He's a man and she's a mermaid. They may be destined together but fate viciously tore them apart. But Arielle loved the man as deeply as she can love any other person and she was very determined to have him.

The answer is really simple. She only needs to swap her tail for a pair of legs.

The next morning, Arielle stalked beaches looking for a girl with the appropriate pair of legs that she need to acquire to make the swap possible. And around midday, she found a girl that fits her criterion.

After waiting in the shallows, Arielle laid the net she prepared. And around midafternoon she's already holding a pair of freshly ripped out legs in her arms. Arms that are still tingling from the memory of her hacking and sawing the legs of the screaming girl. She hugged the precious legs closer to her chest as swam towards the greater depths of the ocean. The blood leaving a trail as it oozed out of the mutilated end of her newly acquired lower limbs.

The next morning, Arielle can be seen walking in the prince's castle using her recently acquired legs. But to her surprise, she saw the prince with a beautiful and pregnant princess.

And at that moment, Arielle realized that the prince was never meant for her. Hers was just a one way love. They were never meant to be.

With tears blurring her vision, Arielle ran down to the beach where she caught the unlucky girl. The audacity of her crime hit her and she just sat on the rocky crags and cried silently for hours and hours until she can't cry anymore. She was all alone now. With nothing but herself and her guilt. There's no one left for her anymore. But maybe there's someplace where she could go. Her family.

With renewed energy, Arielle stood and dove into the water. But her hopes was soon dashed against the wall as she realized she can't swim well with two legs. But she can't be stopped now. She sat herself on a rock and proceeded to sew her legs into one. Gritting her teeth on a rock, she started sewing her legs together using seaweed. The blood flowing from her legs dyed the beach red. Through the pain induced haze, Arielle somehow managed to finish stitching her legs and she's now looking at a mutilated version of a mermaid's tail. Holding back the tears, she jumped into the water and swam towards her home.

Arielle learned something that day. Love is not always warm and sunny. Sometimes it's dark and twisted. And the only thing that it would leave you is an uglier version of yourself.