Chapter 21

Camila's POV

It was pitch black and it startled me when I heard a loud noise. I quickly got up from my bed to look for the source of the sound. I found a little figure lying down on the floor panting hard. Her face flushed and her hair hid her face partly. The streetlights formed a little shadow on her freckled cheeks. She parted her eyes and in the dark I could feel our hearts beating together.

"Lolo?" I walked towards her but she flinched when she heard my voice.

"Camz!" She smiled and quickly got to her feet. Her eyes glowed in the dark and I felt my heart flutter at every step she took towards me.

"It's-" she began to speak but got interrupted

"YO I GOT YOU FLOWERS FROM HER GARDEN!" I heard Dinah's voice from down and Lauren giggled softly.

Even her little giggle could make the entire city light up, make thousands of flowers bloom for her. When she giggled I saw a 1000 little memories flash in front of my eyes giving me a Jolt of energy.

She quickly turned around and grabbed something from Dinah's hands and hid it behind her back.

"TADAA!" She flashed a toothy smile and I couldn't help but smile back at that dork.

"I got you- I mean dinah got you sunflowers." she held them out towards me. "Oh no!!" She gasped "It's all wilted!" She hid her beautiful face behind the flowers.

"Don't hide that beautiful face." I chuckled and slowly took the flowers away from her hands and walked towards my desk.

"There! Perfect" I placed the flowers in my empty vase. I turned around to see Lauren watching me nervously and biting her lips.

"Hey it's okay don't get nervous." I held her hands gently and I felt her nervousness fade away. We stood near the window and the little breeze blew right between us.

"Am I dreaming?" I whispered as she caressed my cheeks.

"What if you are?" her hair was left open and it gently fluttered against my skin. The moonlight illuminated the entire room and her eyes glowed against mine. She looks with these eyes with such want, with such need, with such love. Her eyes held me captive in a strong embrace and I never want to leave.

"Then I don't want to wake up." I pulled her tight into an embrace and she flinched at first but melted against me. We fit into each other's  perfectly like two broken pieces of souls.

"Please don't leave me again, Camz" Lauren hummed against my cheeks and I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Never again, lolo." I kissed her cheeks gently and immediately both of our faces flushed at the gesture.

She smiled and it was one of those smiles which makes your head dizzy with adoration.

I felt my heart beat faster when I realised what is about to happen next. It is not like I haven't kissed someone before but this time I felt something even words cannot fathom.

I closed my eyes feeling drawn towards her like the way waves are drawn towards the shore. I felt myself slowly pulling her towards me.  I looked at her and she suddenly leaned in and kissed me.

It felt like nothing I've ever felt before. As soon as our lips touched I felt what they call sparks which I had never felt in my life. Suddenly my pitch black room had imaginary fireworks.

My heart skipped a beat and all the nervousness I had felt before disappeared. Her lips felt extremely soft and they moved as if she was making her own symphony. Not like Austin's chapped lips.

She tasted sweet like a sweet drink from the eternal Nirvana. It was short but passionate and I felt my whole body reacting towards the kiss. We moved our lips in sync. We slowly stopped and looked into each others eyes. Her beautiful eyes were glowing with happiness searching my eyes for the same.

Our foreheads were touching and she leaned in for a gentle kiss against my temple.

"Oh I forgot!! Happy birthday camz!" Lauren smiled brightly and gave me another quick peck.

"Thank you for the best gift ever!!" I blushed thinking about our kiss and I could still feel her lips against mine.

"Give me a chance please, Camila." she pleaded. I felt guilty for making her travel all the way here and not give her a proper answer.

"Shhh..." I pressed my index finger against her lips silencing her. "Let's just enjoy the night." I saw the disappointment in her eyes but she simply nodded agreeing with me.

"And in the morning?"she asked as I pulled her into the bed and pulled the comforter over our heads.

"You'll have to leave." I sighed heavily. Why does she have to leave so fast? She just got here in my life and I don't want her to leave and just rip a part of my heart.

"If I leave and then?" She snuggled into my arms and I chuckled. "Why do you smell weird." I quickly changed the topic.

"hey! I deserve a hug after all the things I've done for you." she shoved me gently and I threw a pillow at her making her erupt into giggles.

"So how did you get here?" I played with her hair as she seemed to be in a deep thought.

Lauren's beauty is mesmerizing it's the kind of beauty which leaves an impact on the minds of the beholder.
The kind of beauty which makes you smile even when she's not around you.

She's beautiful inside too.  She  traveled all the way to LA just to see me? She's too precious for someone like me.

I'm broken.

I heard her raspy voice break the comfortable silence between us

"It's a long story." she giggled reminiscing about her memories.

"It's gonna be a long night then."

Short, but I couldn't leave you with a cliffhanger😂