Chapter 15: Polyjuice Potion

Hermione's P.O.V

I walked to a corner in the Library and a hand wrapped around my shoulder. I looked over and saw Harry and I smiled.

"Hey Harry. What brings you here?" I asked. He moved his arm back to his side and blushed a little.

"Would you happen to know where there is a book section for 'Techniques'?" he asked and I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"What kind of technique?" I asked and he grew even redder. He shifted his weight to his other leg and looked at me.

"Techniques on romance. Like kissing, what to do and what not to do, intimate tips." he said and I nearly burst out laughing, but I remembered we were in a Library. I casted a Silencing Charm on myself before laughing and grabbed Harry's hand and lead him to the right book.

I grabbed the book Wizard Relationship Tips 101 for Harry and took off the Silencing Charm. He pulled me into a quick hug before rushing off to the Librarian to check it out. I could tell he would blush even worse when she checked it in for him.

After spending half an hour reading, I headed to my first class of the day, Potions. When I got there, Blaise looked angry and I took the seat next to him. Draco glared at him and I wondered what happened.

"Blaise, are you okay?" I whispered to him while Professor Slughorn was talking to some girls about his Slug Club. He looked at me and smiled weakly before clenching his fist.

"Yeah, I'm just a bit on the edge." he said before turning his attention to Professor Slughorn who was openly rejected by the girls.

"Class, today we will be learning about Polyjuice Potion. Can anybody tell me what Polyjuice Potion does?" he asked. My hand automatically shot up in the air and surprisingly, so did Blaise's.

"Yes Mr. Zambini?" he asked before Blaise shifted his potion in his seat. He was sitting more relaxed and I felt at ease. He didn't look angry anymore so I turned my attention back to Slughorn and smiled.

"Polyjuice Potion gives the drinker the ability to temporarily assume to form of another person." he said calmly.

"Correct! Does anyone know how long it takes to brew this potion?" he asked. This time, Ron's hand also shot up.

"Yes Mr. Weasley?" he said before Ron turned to me and smiled. I knew why he was smiling because it reminded us of when we drank the Polyjuice Potion ourselves. I had turned into a cat and it was a vile time for me.

"Well Mr. Slughorn, it takes a month to brew it." he said and Professor Slughorn clapped his hands.

"Excellent! 10 points to Gryffindor for Mr. Weasley and  5 points to Slytherin for Mr. Zambini's answer." he said excitedly.

"Unfortunately, I do not have any Polyjuice Potion to show you today. It isn't allowed on campus so its considered breaking a rule and I wouldn't risk to expose the students to a potion that is copying someone else." he said before sighing.

I looked at Ron and we both snickered. We had broken so many of Hogwarts rules that if they had counted them all, it would have taken centuries.

Slughorn babbled on about Polyjuice Potion until the bells rang and we all went out the door. Professor Slughorn held Blaise back and I wondered 'why him?'

I rushed out the door and caught sight of Draco. I wrapped my arms around his torso and he wrapped his around my waist.

"What did you and Blaise fight about?" I asked and I saw a flicker of anger in his eyes. But, it was gone quicker than it came.