Q&A

a few questions & answers that explain my thought processes, what ifs, and character developments about my story- Nerve.

What made you want to write about Nerve and the plot around it?

Gah, I personally love any movie that consists of Dave Franco, so once I saw those Nerve commercials I immediately fell in love. Once I saw the movie I realized, oh my shit, my life is boring as hell what can I do so that I can make my life interesting? Turns out that it's write a story based off of the Nerve universe. and no, i have not read the book, so i have no idea how similar the movie and book are.

What made you choose the characters you did and why you chose them to be that way?

Well, I knew that the main protagonist was not gonna be some shy, cowardly girl and blah blah, because I don't really like the whole "save me save me" kind of relationship with guys and gals in my stories, so I made sure Emma was independent. You can totally beat me up by bringing up all of those times Lukas saved Emma but that's not the point I'm trying to get out there. Emma and Lukas saved each other which is what made their bond so strong.

Now Lukas I knew I had to make him a great fit for Emma. Not the stereotypical bad boy or nerd or whatever, he's a chill skateboarding guy that not everyone knows but you'd like to. He has a strong backstory that emotionally affects the story which I do love.

Holly is one of my favorite characters. She's outgoing, risky, and nearly the same as Emma. Even though she had her moments, Holly wouldn't never turn her back on Emma because she's very loyal.

Jayden, oh Jayden. I enjoyed Jayden a lot because he is very ruthless and you can get a sense of why he is. His family life is almost like Lukas' because their families don't pay that much attention to them, (hence why they became friends in the first place) but he's kind of an alternate version of Lukas because they both could've ended up the same. However, Jayden is more power and attention hungry, while Lukas would prefer to keep to his close friends.

What can you say about Marcus and Laney?

Marcus and Laney seem to be kind of rushed characters, but they were planned since the beginning. They actually attended Holly's party but I never seemed to add in a part about that simply because they weren't really relevant at that time and place. But, Marcus is the hacker genius with his sidekick Laney and lets all ship them right??? haha no ok

Can you evaluate more on Liam? Who is Liam?

Yes alrighty if you didn't catch that at the end, Liam was Lukas' twin brother that died playing Nerve with Jayden. Liam and Jayden were Nerve buddies until the whole train incident. Liam died due to force of impact landing on the train. Jayden claimed in the finals that Liam was very passionate about winning but when in reality he wasn't. Jayden was the motivation that kept Liam playing Nerve, even though Liam was as never into as much as Jay was. When Jayden intentionally failed the dare, Liam had no prior knowledge he would do that.

What would've happened to Jayden if he followed through on the dare with Liam?

He would've died too. And this story probably wouldn't be possible.

What about Ethan?

Ethan was never going to be a major role in the story, he was just Emma's main motivation to play Nerve (aside from Lukas) and raise money for her family.

Evaluate on Emma punching a window to pieces?

Lmao okay so this is the supernatural scene in the story. ha i'm joking. The windows in the apartment weren't double glass or whatever fancy windows. They were just as about as thick as a car window which can easily be broken- especially if a phone is chucked at it from a far distance and a knuckle with metal rings on it punches the shit out of it. Emmas very badass.