nine

- lukas -{ unedited }

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

- lukas -
{ unedited }

"Move!" I yelled at the group of watchers that filled up the subway station. "Fucking move!" I repeated to them, most of them obliged, while others I was forced to shove through.

I wasn't okay with Emma doing another dare to get into the finals, but I let her do it anyway. Fuck, now here she is in my arms as I carry her away from the madness. The fucking dare made her in the finals alright. First, even. But with Jayden and Holly teaming up, who knows what could happen within the next hour.

I ran up the stairs as I held her limp body in my arms. Her hair was being pulled to the ground from her head as I did my best to support it. This game had gone too far, first my brother, now Emma. I couldn't let Emma get hurt anymore. I couldn't let anybody else get hurt anymore. I have to tell somebody.

Once I reached the top of the stairs, the rain immediately hit me, awakening my senses more than they already were. It was coming down harder now, and I couldn't seem to cover Emma from standing over her. However, the rain seemed to do the trick as Emma stirred from her fixed position.

"Emma," I said softly to acknowledge her.

"Lukas?" She asked, her eyes open as she woke in my arms, "What are you doing?"

"Stay here," I said, sitting her down on a bench that stood in front of a nearby shop. The roof hung over the sidewalk enough for her to avoid getting rained on. I had spotted a police car across the street, and I knew I had to tell him about Nerve. I knew the consequences, but I had to tell someone. Even if I get locked in the game as a prisoner, at least I know that the police have been contacted.

"Lukas what are you—" she said, confused, until she saw me walking over to the police car. "Lukas! No!" I heard her yell, but I had already made it to the car.

"Excuse me!" I shouted to the man in the cop car, my hands hitting the side of the car as I arrived.

"Hello young man-"

"Hi Mr. Police, sir, there's this game. I- It's called Nerve. It makes people do these crazy illegal stunts and dares and my friend almost got killed by one." I explain to him, a few people gathering around from a distance. "You have to report this or contact someone or something-"

"Is a crime being committed?" He asked, pulling out a notepad.

"Well, not necessarily." I answer, looking over to the bench to find Emma- but she wasn't there. People gathered around the car from a safe distance, some whispering under their breath, "snitch".